“Became my home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
North Dakota
“Became my home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

My son was flown to Minneapolis the day after he was born because of heart problems. He was at the Children's Hospital downtown for 3 weeks so I ended up bouncing from hotel to hotel. This hotel was by far the best out of all of them! The staff was wonderful! The room was beautiful and clean. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! The area doesn't look like much because of the bus depot right there and sketchy people walking the street but I'm from a small North Dakota town and I felt completely staying here all by myself. My son will be 2yrs old now and I'm planning a trip back and this is the hotel I will be staying at!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

Had a conference here and decided to stay right in the hotel. Honestly given it was Minneapolis I should have known better, and went for a Super 8 or Doubletree further away. The rooms are much tinier than they appear online. The beds are stiff and not very comfortable. There is no complimentary continental breakfast, you have to pay for parking on top of your bill. I've stayed in much cheaper and much better hotels in my life.For the money I expected a whole lot more, and seeing the bill for 5 days left a sour taste in my mouth, I got took.

• Liked — The conference was in the hotel
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

This hotel looks average on the outside, but the the interior is quite nice and up to par with most of the many Sheraton's I have stayed at. The rooms are large, and well maintained, and the bathrooms were clean and looked new. The fitness center is excellent, and most of the exercise bikes / ellipticals have their own TV built in. There is also a nice fairly large indoor pool. The location is not great though, it sits in a rough looking area outside of downtown Minneapolis, next to a major bus/train station, and there are usually some sketchy looking folks hanging around. There are also no decent food options nearby within walking distance, not that you would want to be walking around in that area anyhow. But other than that, it's a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Driving up to the hotel, you would never think that a very nice Sheraton would be in this slightly ramshackle neighborhood. There is a rent-a-cop standing outside the door at night as well. Don't let that scare you away, as it's actually quite safe, and the hotel is one of the better Sheraton's at which I have stayed.

First off, the Internet was free - typically they make you pay an arm and a leg for it. Second, the room was nicely appointed and everything looked very clean and relatively new. The room size was a bit small, but as a solo business traveler, that does not make much difference. The bathroom was also very nicely designed, with some frosted glass in the bathroom door as a nice touch. The breakfast room service was on time and my waffle was still warm.

I would definitely stay here again, particularly if your time took you away from the hotel area. If you're looking for downtown, this is not the place to stay - but if you need a nice place slightly lower in price where you won't spend all your time - this is certainly a place to return to.

• Liked — Clean, free Internet
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel a couple times and have found it excellent every time. It's a smaller, boutique hotel . There is a parking lot right in front of the hotel which is very convenient and easy. The hotel is located in a central part of the city - short distance to downtown and the museums. The rooms are nicer than most Westin hotels that I've stayed in. Very clean and modern decor. Free wi-fi. Large flat panel TV. Great products in the bathroom. The only downfall is the neighborhood -it's a little rough but the hotel is secure. This is a gem of a hotel.

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — neighborhood
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

This is a really nice and comfortable hotel on an unfortunate part of town. I give this hotel a solid rating for the staff, gym, and rooms, but a low ranking because of the area. If you need to be close to the hospital then this hotel will be the best choice, but if you are planning to visit downtown Minneapolis, the Mall of America, uptown, or St. Paul, I’d choose to stay elsewhere.

• Liked — comfy beds
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I almost didn't book my stay with this hotel because of some of the reviews, but I'm so glad that I went with my hunch. From the minute I walked in the door I felt like I was at home. A young female manager walked by and immediately said, "Welcome" I walked to the front desk and checked in quickly, they even walked around the side of the desk to personally hand me my keys and showed me where the elevator was. Most Sheratons i've stayed at I felt like a number, but this was a great overall experience.

I ordered room service and it was quite tasty, the prices were reasonable as well. When I went down to the bar later that evening the manager that welcomed me earlier as I was walking in said hello again to me as soon as I sat down at the bar. Very welcoming, staff in the restaurant was great.

Although it is a couple miles outside of downtown, they have a free shuttle that brought me to the front door of the building my meeting was in.

I would highly reccomend this hotel, great stay!

Stayed March 2008

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!