“Hotel that was in a convenient location for us.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Columbia, Missouri
“Hotel that was in a convenient location for us.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We wanted a hotel that wold be close to MCAD since we didn't know the city and this one we found at a reasonable rate. It's an older hotel but kept up nice. Rooms are small especially after adding a roll away bed.. Nice Market area next door in the municipal building where you can find any kind of food you'd like. We didn't go to the dining area as we had a specific place in mind for dinner and were only there one night. I'd go back because it is clean, quite and close to where we needed to be so we didn't have to fight traffic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Jim L,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your kind comments as well. We are fortunate to be so close to the Global Market and the shuttle service works well too for the local area.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in the future.

Andrew Finsness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Another stay at Sheraton Midtown to see college daughter at UST and attend Twin Cities Marathon in October. Awesome front desk help (thanks, Erica), even with a full hotel. Quick drive to trendy dining in Uptown, and easy shuttle to theater downtown. Stayed on 4th floor Club level w/ hot appetizers and good continental breakfast.

Convenient location w/ front door parking is hard to beat.

Room Tip: We like the Club level, with a nice common area and stuff to eat, and excellent coffee in the mornin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown and for your kind comments. I agree that the location cannot be beat, especially with the shuttle service that is available. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team. Next time in town you will need to try our new craft beer offerings.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

As the previous review states the parking was down as we were able to come and go freely and did not have to prove we were guests. We were in a very small king room with hardly space to move. The furniture is old and had watet rings on it and niks in the edges. Would not recommend wasting your money. Way too expensive. Pool and hot tub are tiny.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear azg4787,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown and thank you for your comments as well. We did have problems with our parking machinery during you stay and I apologize for that. It has since been repaired. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please give me a call.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

$11 per night for parking is overpriced for the area, especially since the system doesn't even work. On our last visit the parking was free and we could enter/exit with our room card. Now you have to take a ticket to enter and press the Call for Help button to open the gate. We were pretty confused the first couple times. Even worse, one night the lot was full and we had to drive around the block in an area we didn't know to the overflow parking, walk a couple blocks at night in this area that doesn't feel so safe, tell reception when we were leaving so they could let us out, and they were still going to charge us the $11.

Some of the receptionists have a bit of an attitude like they are bothered to be disturbed. The housekeeping was not thorough.

The rooms are great. Spacious, comfortable, nice style. The area is a ways out of downtown and you probably need a car to see things. The global market nearby is great. Groups of people tend to hang around the transit center at night and be loud, which makes the area feel a bit unsafe, but we didn't think it seemed as dangerous as some of the other reviews made it sound.

• Stayed September 2013
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and than you as well for your comments. We have made improvements to our parking system since your last stay to simplify the process. We do fill up at times and that is when we need to use overflow parking. I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Cloquet, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am a Sheraton regular around the world. I can't honestly say this partiular location was of the high standard Sheraton brand has come to be in my mind. I am not sure if this buidling was originally build as a Sheraton or converted from a Comfort Inn. Now there is nothing wrong with a Comfort Inn, but when I am paying a Sheraton rate, I expect a "Sheraton". While pulling into the hotel parking lot there as a gate, I assumed the parking would be included in my stay after all, this wasn't a parking ramp and any high class neighborhood, but upon check in I am told parking is $11.00. I really felt that was extremely high, again for the condtions, no security, not a ramp and the hotel is NOT in a classy neighborhood. The night manager was as slow as as a one legged snail. I don't know what the heck he was doing, but really slow. Got to my room, very small, again I really thougth I was at another hotel brand, nothing special at this hotel other than paying for the brand. Can't say I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nathan 3858,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your comments as well. We do charge $11.00 per night for parking with in and out privileges and a complimentary shuttle and we do have security officers on duty each evening. We do try to keep the pricing reasonable and it is considerably lower than downtown. I do hope that you will try us again,

Deerwood, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 night while visiting our granddaughter at Children's Hospital. The room was comfortable and clean. Just an average size hotel room, but was clean. Bedding was nice and the mattress was comfortable.
The one negative was that they seem to allow dogs in any room, so you do meet several in the halls and we had one right next door to us that barked a lot.
Other than that, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear TamaraJP,

Thank you for your recent stay and thank you as well for your comments. I do agree that the beds are great, it is a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. We do allow dogs in the hotel but they should not be barking so I will be sure to alert my staff to that issue.

Thank you again and I hope that you return soon.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The front desk staff at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown greeted me with a gracious welcome. The building is older, but the rooms are spacious and have incorporated several updates. Even though my stay was during the work week, this downtown faciltiy provided a quiet retreat. It is located near local hospitals. The only downside was no shuttle from the airport and a cab ride was quite pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall to avoid noise. The elevators are in the center of the buildin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nancy R,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your kind comments! I will be sure to pass them along to my team, especially the gracious welcome at the Front Desk!

Another option for transportation from the airport is to jump on the Light Rail to the Lake Street exit and we will pick you up on our shuttle, it is only $2.00.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!