“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was in Minneapolis on a business trip. I have pretty high standards when it comes to hotels (I normally stay in deluxe resorts at Walt Disney World). This wasn't quite Disney , but the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown was great. The entire staff from front desk to the bar was terrific. My room was very clean and had a large desk. The restaurant was very good, and I ate there once with colleagues (they alsoliked it a lot) and twice on my own. If you forgo housekeeping, you earn a $5 voucher each day which I used at the restaurant. The pool was a wee bit small for my taste, but the workout room looked big with a lot of equipment options. Overall, I would highly - recommend the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Midtown and for your kind comments. You are right about the restaurant. It is ranked number one of all Sheraton hotels! We are also fortunate to have such an extensive fitness center. Thanks again I do hope you return again soon.

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights when our power went out for two days during a big storm in Minneapolis. The room was nice and the rate was reasonable. The restaurant was outstanding. Best of all was that the staff was super friendly and accommodating throughout our stay, especially Tariq, who seemed to be on duty 24/7 while we were there. When your life is temporarily turned upside down and you are feeling frazzled, it sure is nice to have such friendly folks at your service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for comments and thank you for staying with us during the power outage. It was a stressful time for all but you are correct, the team did a super job.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff (especially Tariq at the front desk) went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable when we checked in during a major power outage in Minneapolis. They extended our stay at our initial great rate, and the room was comfortable and clean. The wifi works perfectly, no small feat for hotels these days, and the parking is convenient. Also, great to walk over to Midtown Global Market and grab a snack at their food court.

Also, the beds are crazy comfortable - enough pillows (yay!) and a great sleep experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Midtown during Minnesota's largest power outage ever! The team did a fantastic job taking care of our guests during a stressful time. We really appreciate your comments!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I just recently completed a 2 night business stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown. Some other reviewers cautioned on the neighborhood not being the greatest but I found the negative comments to be overblown. While there is a bus transit station literally across the parking lot to the Sheraton, I didn't find it concerning in the least. This location is adjacent to the iconic Midtown Exchange building which added some visual interest to the stay. It's not necessarily a selling point but at least made the area stand out a bit.

This is not a large Sheraton with only 4 floors but the hotel itself was very nicely styled lobby and restaurant/bar area. The parking lot was a bit too small given the hotel occupancy and one evening I had make my own parking spot. My room was nicely appointed as well with a nice flat screen TV. The bathroom was very nice as well. I didn't use the free shuttle service but this location does offer it for anyone wanting not wanting to drive but wanting to head downtown.

Consider this location for the value and you won't be disappointed. The staff will treat you right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown. We are fortunate to be adjacent to the Global Market as well as the Midtown Greenway. Our parking lot is small but we do have alternatives when needed. Thank you as well for your compliments on the appointments and condition of the hotel as well as our great staff. I will be sure to pass along you remarks.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We found this hotel very quiet the three nights we were there. Just put a card on the door outside and they don't bother you at all. If there was a request a quick call to reception got swift action.
Nice people worked at reception, too. The location was fine for our meetings, but there isn't much to do around there. The next door international food and crafts exhibit was fun though.
We really enjoyed their efficient mini bus to transport us within five miles of the hotel when we scheduled it. The restaurant was pleasant and the food very delicious! The walleye was exceptional; try it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown. I will be sure to pass along your comments to all of the staff involved. The shuttle is truly a plus for our guests to be able to get around without having to park. I hope you return soon!

Warm Regards,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have to rate the overall experience of this hotel as excellent based mostly on the extremely friendly, caring, and helpful staff. We stayed for over three weeks because my wife was having surgery at the nearby Abbott Northwestern hospital.

Because of its proximity to the hospital and access by covered walkway it makes an ideal location for this kind of stay. When coupled with the very helpful and hospitable staff who went out of their way to provide extras such as lighter meals and personalized dishes in the restaurant when the appetite was low it made a home from home.

The 'on call' shuttle will drop you wherever you need and pick you up when you want. It worked like a personalized cab service.

The value was also excellent, with discounts for Abbott patients.

Room Tip: Book the Club floor for those snacks and a private lounge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown. We are fortunate to be attached to Abbott Northwestern Hospital and the staff here is great as well. I will be sure to pass along your comments.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife, two kids and I stayed here on April 27th. I booked after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and I'm really happy that I did. Our check-in was a breeze, the front desk staff was friendly, our room was clean and everything worked as it should. Just like some other reviewers, though, we also had some issues with towels. There weren't enough in our room and getting more seemed to be a challenge. As luck would have it, however, I stumbled across a stockpile of them in the workout area so I brought a bunch back to our room.
Anyway, the beds are comfy and so are the pillows which seems to be a common theme among Sheraton properties.
My wife and I ventured into downtown Mpls to take in a little nightlife and I was pleasantly surprised by the $11 cab fare each way. I'd gladly pay that amount each time to avoid the hassle of finding a parking space.
All in all, I would stay here again without any hesitation. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind comments. I will certainly pass them along to our Front Office and Housekeeping staff. I am sorry you did not have enough towels in you room and I will address that immediately. I am glad that you got to go downtown as it is so close and easy to get around. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!