“Decent hotel, poor location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Bakersfield, Ca.
“Decent hotel, poor location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Came to Minneapolis for a couple days in mid December to visit customers. I would say this Sheraton is average. Rooms were quite high and not a great location. Really no good restaurants in the area and far from the nearest light rail.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I hope you will return so we can shuttle you to some fun new neighborhood restaurants. When it gets a little warmer, we have an outdoor patio for dining and a bikeway adjacent to the hotel for easy access to Uptown restaurants.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ashlland, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

While visiting a sick family member at Abbot Northwestern Hospital we stayed at the Sheraton.

We found the facilty to be in a great location for visiting the hospital. There is a skywalk with access to the hotel connected to the hospital so no need to walk outside or move your car to get to the hospital.

The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable.

I ate grilled swordfish in the restaurant and would highly recommend it. We found meals to be a good value with large portion sizes and service excellent

Most of all we found the staff very friendly and helpful. I would like to especially mention Ceclia who worked at the continental breakfast in the 4th floor club lounge, and Katie in the lobby who went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Recent Stay at Midtown - I'm glad your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I appreciate and will pass along your comments in regards to our team members and our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here for a week. Overall, it is above average. The room is clean and the bed is very comfortable. Although our room facing the main street but still barely can hear the noise from outside.
The only downside is the housekeeping. I noticed there are couple times they don't refill the coffee packs (by right, we should have three Starbucks coffee complimentary), as well as the toilet rolls.
It is not very far from Mall of America (about 4 miles) and also same distances to downtown. Can easily access by the bus at the bus stop beside the hotel.
There is spacious parking lot front of hotel.
Recommend the Global Market just across the street. You can find many different types of food there, like Mexican, american, Vietnamese and etc. The price is reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Above Average - Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your feedback for improvement and I have reviewed your comments our Housekeeping Team. Thanks for your comments in regards to our location, parking, and the Global Market. We believe the Global Market is a great attraction in our Midtown neighborhood. We look forward to your return.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was in Minneapolis for business and stayed at the Sheraton Midtown. It was my first time at this property. I was greeted nicely at the front desk by Jude and my room was nicely appointed. I was starving so I went down to the restaurant for dinner. It is not very large, but there were several people in it. I sat at the bar and through conversation with my server, he said that people from the hospital across the street often come there for Happy Hour. I always ask the people that work at a restaurant “What’s good”? I worked in a restaurant in my teens and you frequently get very honest answers and this time was no different. I had the hummus appetizer and Grilled Swordfish (both recommended) and they were delicious. They have $5 wine tastings which will get you a 2 oz. pour. The server clearly has a heavy hand but I appreciated it.

I mentioned that we are next to a hospital. I have stayed near them before and wished I hadn’t when you get ambulance sirens at all hours of the day. That was not the case here. Either it was slow or very well sound-proofed. My bed was nice and once I turned the room temperature down (I can’t sleep in a warm room) I slept well.

The next morning I went to the exercise in the exercise room. WOW! The pool is huge and the exercise room is VERY well equipped. I have seen gyms with less equipment than this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
chitown5Chicago -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate you pointing out what we feel are great experiences and product at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown. I couldn't have said it better. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next journey to Minneapolis.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised! Clean, modern, convenient to the hospital. Excellent service, nice room, club floor was a great extra touch. I took a group of 14 there recently and would definitely return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeffery R -

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stay at the Sheraton Midtown when planning a Twin Cities getaway; pretty close to visit our child at one of the St Paul colleges, and easy access to/from downtown Mpls and St Paul. Often on the club floor, which has a great continental breakfast and nice late afternoon spread (cheese, crackers, and awesome meatballs...could be a meal if you wanted to be thrifty). The room is elegant, with pinstripe wallcoverings, dark wood furnishings, and amenities (fridge, microwave, gas fireplace). The parking has always been handy for us (never needed to look elsewhere), and sure beats parking in an expensive ramp at the downtown hotels. Global Marketplace has great ethnic food about 200 yards from the front door of the hotel. The shuttle will take you anywhere in downtown Mpls, so you don't need to worry about walking a long ways to Lyn-Lake, Uptown, Target Field, Metrodome, etc.

I highly recommend.

Room Tip: The club floor is excellent (and private: keyed elevator).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LawBoyMinn -

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you enjoy the Midtown Global Market. It is another attraction to our Midtown neighborhood that personifies diversity and urban renewal. We will see on your next visit.

Lakewood, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The staff, facilities, amenities were more than I was expecting. The shuttle service was timely and more than accomidating to our hectic schedule. From the time we checked in through checkout everything was first class. Well done!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jeffery R -

We appreciate your business and we were excited to have your group. We are glad you had a wonderful experience and hope to see you at our hotel for your next meeting.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!