“Great stay all things considered, but this "ain't a" Sheraton” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great stay all things considered, but this "ain't a" Sheraton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very responsive front desk; was dealing with family at the hospital, and they took my reservation without needing a credit card. Fast check-in. Very clean rooms, very comfy beds. They found a way to quiet the usually-obnoxiouslly-loud room heater/fan - frame a desk over it, and it's quieter! (Makes you wonder why other places don't do that.) Clever cabinets and corner-based bathroom.

Perhaps it's the image I've built up while staying at many Sheraton's over the years, but I would rate this hotel a 5 except that it's a Sheraton, which connotes a higher expectation. It's more like a well-run Courtyard.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our hotel as you noted was designed to celebrate our history in the Midtown and Uptown community. Our hotel's artwork is a display of historical photographs of Lake Street and other areas of our surrounding community. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Minneapolis.

Andrew Finsness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed one night when I traveled for business to Minneapolis. It wasn't the best choice for me, but at the time this was one of a few options, as many hotels were sold out.
When I saw the neighborhood, my first thought was "Get out of here right now". However, I arrived very late at night due to my flight delay and was not going to look for another hotel in the middle of the night.
When I was checking in there was a problem with their computer system and I had to wait for a key for about 15 minutes. Nothing happened, and finally a manager helped me to get into my room using a universal key. She was friendly and did bring me my key in about 10 minutes.
The room was outdated, A/C noisy and the bathroom was not clean. I saw wet hair stuck to the bathroom wall by the shower... Desk in the room was old, which i don't mind, but again,. not clean, with lots of stains.
Needless to say that next month when I was visiting the city again I booked a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize for your experience but your feedback enables us to improve our service and product. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in regards to your stay and can be reached at 612-821-7600. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of Sheratons over the past year, and this one was on par with most that I have stayed at. Nothing spectacular - it was clean, it had the basics done right. I wasn't thrilled with the location, but at the time that I stayed, it was 50% cheaper than staying downtown, so cost drove me here. In addition, when I arrived at the hotel, my room had apparently been canceled. Luckily they had a room available for me. I'm not sure whose fault this is, and I don't really care, but it added to the total feel of the stay being just OK. I'd look to stay more downtown next time to be closer to things hoping that it's not so expensive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
That you for your time in reviewing our hotel and I appreciate your comments in regards to the hotel being clean and the basics “done right”. Our location is in an urban renewal neighborhood that prides itself on diversity and history. One of the aspects of our neighborhood that we take extreme pride in is our Greenway Bike Path located right behind our hotel. Renting bikes is easy with either renting from Freewheel Bike, again located behind our hotel, or a Nice Ride bike station. Minneapolis has become nationally known for our biking community and we are located right in the heart of it.

I have asked my Front Officer Manager to research the cancellation of your reservation. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel and with our complimentary shuttle service we can certainly connect you to downtown which is within 10 minutes of our hotel.

Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

After having a terrible experience at the Holiday Inn, my husband and I decided that we would check out and find somewhere else. As soon as we arrived at the Sheraton, Tariq welcomed us and made us feel at home. I cannot say enough about Tariq and how grateful we are to him for assisting us when we were not happy when we walked in to find a new hotel. The beds are the closest thing to home for us. Bus stop is right in front of the hotel and so is the Global Market which I also enjoyed. I would not hesitate to come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Charles B, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Lynette S - Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words about our Guest Service Agent Tariq. I was glad to hear our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed provided you the “closet thing to home” and that you took advantage of our close location to the bus stop and visited the Midtown Global Market. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Minneapolis.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Tariq at the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous. He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and that is much appreciated. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding Tariq. Tariq and our team work diligently to provide outstanding service and we appreciate it when they are recognized. We hope to welcome you back to Minneapolis soon.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I just got back from a medical consult and this hotel was recommended for it's convenient location. Although I normally stay in more "high end" hotels - this hotel was quite good for what I needed: something close to the medical offices I was visiting and comfortable, clean and accommodating. I stayed on the club level and the complimentary continental breakfast was quite good. I also thought the room..though small..was clean..modern and the bed was extremely comfortable. In short: I would recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Minneapolis for a medical consult with the U. Minnesota physicians.

Room Tip: This hotel is located next to hospitals and medical offices for U. Minnesota physicians. I would rec...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your pointing out our proximity to the hospital and that we are “comfortable, clean and accommodating”. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge and enjoyed the breakfast we provide every morning. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We hope to see you on your next trip back to Minneapolis.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was looking for a room close to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. I was unsure of the neighborhood. The hotel is very nice inside. The best part of the stay was the friendly, exceptionally great front desk service (Tarid). I had a lot of luggage. Tarid offered help to open the elevator doors and waited patiently for me to find my key. The room was clean and very nice.

Room Tip: The rooms on the fourth floor are secured.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We believe our hotel provides an experience that is comfortable and accommodating with outstanding service as you pointed out. I appreciate your comments regarding Tariq and we hope to welcome you back to hotel the next time you are in Minneapollis.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!