“Terrific food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masa

Masa
1070 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403-2403 (Downtown)
612-338-6272
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Masa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,598 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th & Nicollet
Transit: Nicollet Avenue (1000)
Jacksonville, Florida
“Terrific food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had lunch here one beautiful day in September. We sat outside to enjoy the weather. The restaurant was busy but the waitstaff were very attentive and friendly.. The menu is very well presented and there are some terrific choices. The food is flavorful and of all the resturant choices that are along the Nicolllet mall area we recommend Masa! Sit outside if you can.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Look forward to going back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to Masa with our son and daughter-in-law before a Twins game. We actually parked near Target field and walked to Masa and then to the game-it was a perfect little walk after a great meal. The margarita choices are delightful and tequila is infused in-house. My husband didn't care for his choice and they gladly replaced it with his favorite- Pacifico. Everyone had something different and were very happy with their choices. I had the sea bass which was served over cilantro rice which was the freshest I have tasted. My husband is a basic food guy and he enjoyed three different tacos. The desert menu looked like fun but we had run out of time and had to leave for the game. I marked scenic view because it is on a very busy corner and the people watching is great. This is an upscale Mexican Bistro so if you are looking for traditional Mexican fare you might be disappointed by choices and prices. Service was outstanding-see you soon Masa!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“Not worth it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm always in favor of trying a new Mexican restuarant and when my wife agrees I jump. We had heard a little about Masa's - upscale, pricey. The service was excellent and very attentive. We had a couple appetizers; the guacamole and queso frito mexicana. The guacamole was very good which I would have been really disappointed otherwise.The queso was unlike any other queso I've ever had. Two rectangular slabs of cheese surrounded by salsa. Boring and not really tasteful.... For dinner I had enchiladas de carne and a side order of black beans. The enchiladas were very small and nothing special. So I'm glad we tried a new Mexican restaurant but we won't be back. If it wasn't for the excellent service I would have ranked Masa's poor.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“great cocktail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

nice atmosphere, friendly staff. From the minute we entered to the time we left everything went smoothly

Visited February 2012
Aurora, Illinos
“Nice set menu lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Good mexican food priced well and served quickly in a nice downtown setting

Enjoyed the whole experience