“Marriott for Business is Great” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
New York
“Marriott for Business is Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have stayed here once a week for more than several weeks for business from May - July 2013. The staff is extremely helpful, and even offers you a glass of wine upon checkin (white or red house wine). Everyone greets you with a smile and I feel welcome every time I come through.

The rooms are great, and seem almost recently renovated (always a fan of the red Marriott Full-Service scheme). Everything is clean, the TV is a nice 42" flat screen, and the bed is great for sleeping. The internet works quite quickly and got comped as a Platinum member.

The food downstairs at the Irish Pub is good, if not a tad bit expensive. I got the sirloin and it was cooked medium rare, not too shabby.

Location is good as it was close to the client, but not much to do otherwise (a lot of things close before 10pm).

The only thing that I would say is a negative is the lack of a decently sized gym. Only several cardio machines with low weights that aren't enough to get a sweat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi stevef88us,

Thank you for staying with us frequently while you are in town on business. I'm glad that you have gotten to know our wonderful staff and they they treat you very well. We hope you join us at the front desk for a glass of wine again very soon. Thank you for your business and loyalty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The property was fine and it looks like it's been around a while, somewhat dated. The check-in was smooth and everyone we interacted with was pleasant.
The room was okay but nothing spectacular, just a standard Marriott. The phone didn't work but I didn't call to report it. The shower had a high-pit whine when the hot water was turned on.
The toiletries were quality and there were plenty.
Breakfast was not included and that was a let down.
There was lots of free parking.
We ended up staying at a different hotel closer to the Mall of America that was in the same price range.

Decent but wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KingHuskey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm very sorry for the the issues you experienced and that you didn't think there was anything spectacular about the hotel. I hope we can change some things and make your next visit with us a more memorable experience.

Belton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We stay here almost every time we come to Plymouth and have never had a complaint! I highly recommend this hotel. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Great rates. Great location! We really enjoy eating at Kip's (the in house restaurant) also. Great food! Nice atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Jennifer P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are thrilled to hear you recommend us and thank you for not only staying with us buy also visiting Kip's Irish Pub during your stay. We hope to see you many more times during your trips to Minneapolis.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here for business for 6 nights in late September and had a wonderful stay. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to assist me with my various requests. The location is also very convenient at the intersection of 394 and 169 especially if you work on the west side. The hotel is full-service hotel and the gym is very well equipped. Kips, the onsite restaurant, serves an excellent buffet and it is free to Platinum members on weekends. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the 7th floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Woodbury729,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our staff provided the high level of service you expect as a platinum member. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you!
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was relatively close to my relativeswho live in Plymouth, MN, and the price was right. However, I was not too thrilled with the location which is actually situated in an office park setting with no shopping or restaurants, etc., within a couple of miles. Therefore unless we wanted to drive we had to patronize the on site restaurant which was on the pricey side. On the other hand, the rooms are large, clean, and nicely furnished, and the free internet was much appreciated. The lobby is also nicely furnished, bright and welcoming.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the elevators and ice machines and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Liz0815,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the room you had was comfortable. You are correct there aren't too many places to walk to from the hotel but next time you visit please ask about our shuttle service and we would be more than happy to shuttle you to a restaurant or even the mall which is only a few minutes from the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I checked in at about 5pm, into the very nice looking Marriott West in Minnetonka, MN. This was a treat to see since I had been in meetings in Delaware since 6am, and an apt. in Minnetonka at 6:30pm. After going to my suite, sorry folks, the one thing I needed to do,,, didnt go so well. After reaching for the flush handle on the toilet... it did very little, and took almost 7 minutes to fill up half way to flush again. After filling the ice bucket with water to fill the tank to flush, I rushed out to my meeting. I did stop by the counter to let them know that there was an issue with the toilet. She said "Oh, I'm sorry sir,, since you are only staying 1 night, we will resolve this when you check out. Thank you for letting us know about the issue."

Absolutely nothing else. She looked back down at the computer as if she was simply done dealing with me. No offer for repairs, or any type of acknowledgement that I even mattered.

Once returning to the room a couple hours later, there was no fix and the same issue applied with the toilet. So I went to the desk, logged on to the internet and began work. I noticed that the temp was a little warm so I got up, looked at the thermostat which showed that the temp in the room was 76 and it was set to auto fan, cool 70 degrees. I dropped the temp to 66, and the unit did not change the way it sounded or cooled.

I called the ft. desk, the same woman answered with... ".. Well I apologize for the inconvenience, we will have someone look at that in the morning for you. Will there be anything else I can assist you with" I replied, yes my toilet is still broken. she replies " I will have them look at that in the morning as well" "Have a great evening sir!"

I typically stay with Hilton, however my client stays with Marriott, so I thought I would do so as well... Not a good idea apparently. Too bad for Marriott, as I travel frequently...

The moral. Looks are deceiving, so make sure to check everything BEFORE unpacking, and don't take TOMORROW for an answer. I won't ever again!

Matthew

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear SirTravelLotz,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced while staying with us. It's very disappointing to hear the level of service you experienced was very poor. Please accept my apologies as this is not common to hear about our staff. We hope we can regain your trust in us on your next visit.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Bought a Groupon for 2 nights for this hotel, it is very close to my daughter's condo so was a great location for us to go visit her. We had checked rates at this hotel and normally found them higher than other hotels nearby, but the Groupon made it very comparable. We used the pool and hot tub, the pool was a little chilly but the hot tub was perfect. Rooms were nice and very clean. Comfy, plush mattresses and bedding. Bathrooms had Bath and Body Works products, which smell so good. All staff we interacted with were very friendly.

Hotel is just off the freeway and we were on the freeway side, but didn't hear noise from outside or from other rooms, seemed very quiet. Great location, can easily get to different restaurants and shopping from here.

Only drawback of our room - and only reason I gave 4 stars - was that our room was right above the main entrance to the restaurant and a very bright light shown right into our window all night, which we didn't realize until we returned to our room later at night. We couldn't quite get the curtains to keep out all of the light but the second night a little strategically placed duct tape we found in our car did take care of the problem. A great hotel, would definitely stay here again if can get a good rate and if my room isn't just above the restaurant entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the freeway/south side above the restaurant entrance may have light shining into them from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear LindaLu71,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you hear you will definitely return. Thank you for letting us know about the light, we will surely look at the placement and improve it so our next guests. Thank you for the review and we will see you on your next visit to Minneapolis