“Great Hotel and Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Hotel and Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here for business for 6 nights in late September and had a wonderful stay. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to assist me with my various requests. The location is also very convenient at the intersection of 394 and 169 especially if you work on the west side. The hotel is full-service hotel and the gym is very well equipped. Kips, the onsite restaurant, serves an excellent buffet and it is free to Platinum members on weekends. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the 7th floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Woodbury729,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our staff provided the high level of service you expect as a platinum member. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was relatively close to my relativeswho live in Plymouth, MN, and the price was right. However, I was not too thrilled with the location which is actually situated in an office park setting with no shopping or restaurants, etc., within a couple of miles. Therefore unless we wanted to drive we had to patronize the on site restaurant which was on the pricey side. On the other hand, the rooms are large, clean, and nicely furnished, and the free internet was much appreciated. The lobby is also nicely furnished, bright and welcoming.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the elevators and ice machines and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Liz0815,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the room you had was comfortable. You are correct there aren't too many places to walk to from the hotel but next time you visit please ask about our shuttle service and we would be more than happy to shuttle you to a restaurant or even the mall which is only a few minutes from the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I checked in at about 5pm, into the very nice looking Marriott West in Minnetonka, MN. This was a treat to see since I had been in meetings in Delaware since 6am, and an apt. in Minnetonka at 6:30pm. After going to my suite, sorry folks, the one thing I needed to do,,, didnt go so well. After reaching for the flush handle on the toilet... it did very little, and took almost 7 minutes to fill up half way to flush again. After filling the ice bucket with water to fill the tank to flush, I rushed out to my meeting. I did stop by the counter to let them know that there was an issue with the toilet. She said "Oh, I'm sorry sir,, since you are only staying 1 night, we will resolve this when you check out. Thank you for letting us know about the issue."

Absolutely nothing else. She looked back down at the computer as if she was simply done dealing with me. No offer for repairs, or any type of acknowledgement that I even mattered.

Once returning to the room a couple hours later, there was no fix and the same issue applied with the toilet. So I went to the desk, logged on to the internet and began work. I noticed that the temp was a little warm so I got up, looked at the thermostat which showed that the temp in the room was 76 and it was set to auto fan, cool 70 degrees. I dropped the temp to 66, and the unit did not change the way it sounded or cooled.

I called the ft. desk, the same woman answered with... ".. Well I apologize for the inconvenience, we will have someone look at that in the morning for you. Will there be anything else I can assist you with" I replied, yes my toilet is still broken. she replies " I will have them look at that in the morning as well" "Have a great evening sir!"

I typically stay with Hilton, however my client stays with Marriott, so I thought I would do so as well... Not a good idea apparently. Too bad for Marriott, as I travel frequently...

The moral. Looks are deceiving, so make sure to check everything BEFORE unpacking, and don't take TOMORROW for an answer. I won't ever again!

Matthew

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear SirTravelLotz,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced while staying with us. It's very disappointing to hear the level of service you experienced was very poor. Please accept my apologies as this is not common to hear about our staff. We hope we can regain your trust in us on your next visit.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Bought a Groupon for 2 nights for this hotel, it is very close to my daughter's condo so was a great location for us to go visit her. We had checked rates at this hotel and normally found them higher than other hotels nearby, but the Groupon made it very comparable. We used the pool and hot tub, the pool was a little chilly but the hot tub was perfect. Rooms were nice and very clean. Comfy, plush mattresses and bedding. Bathrooms had Bath and Body Works products, which smell so good. All staff we interacted with were very friendly.

Hotel is just off the freeway and we were on the freeway side, but didn't hear noise from outside or from other rooms, seemed very quiet. Great location, can easily get to different restaurants and shopping from here.

Only drawback of our room - and only reason I gave 4 stars - was that our room was right above the main entrance to the restaurant and a very bright light shown right into our window all night, which we didn't realize until we returned to our room later at night. We couldn't quite get the curtains to keep out all of the light but the second night a little strategically placed duct tape we found in our car did take care of the problem. A great hotel, would definitely stay here again if can get a good rate and if my room isn't just above the restaurant entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the freeway/south side above the restaurant entrance may have light shining into them from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear LindaLu71,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you hear you will definitely return. Thank you for letting us know about the light, we will surely look at the placement and improve it so our next guests. Thank you for the review and we will see you on your next visit to Minneapolis
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This past weekend my family ( wife and two grown boys) attended a wedding in the Wayzata area spent 4 days at the hotel.
The Hotel is tucked away off the highway in a quite area. Our check in was smooth and we were surprised with a suite upgrade.
The staff was all friendly and helpful. The young lady at Starbucks each morning greeted us with smiles and a cheerful attitude.
The Pub had a great breakfast buffet on the weekend and was a welcome place to unwind after a couple of long days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear vwirth,

Thank you for the nice review. I'm very pleased to hear our staff provided you with welcoming and friendly service throughout your stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip back to Minnesota.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was here for a training on the property for a week so I got to experience breakfasts, lunches and dinners here as well as staying on-site during the week. The experience at check-in was friendly, quick and professional (thanks to Teri!). The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The banquet meals were delicious- I especially liked the Minnesota lunch buffet and the breakfast wraps. The banquet staff (John, Kim and Kimberly) were amazing and so friendly. I also got to spend time at Kip's and Adam made our evenings there- he was so easy going and provided great food suggestions (loved the walleye sliders!). Overall, Lori (GM) has done a fantastic job with the property and made my stay feel like a home away from home (a very clean and well taken care of home with lots of friendly faces).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Cynthia J,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for noting some of our associates that made your stay so enjoyable. We are very happy you had a chance to experience all aspects of the hotel and that we exceeded you expectations. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Minneapolis MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed for a friends wedding - the hotel itself is in a great location 15 minutes to downtown minneapolis, 10 to the shops at west end, ridgedale mall, etc.

The most disappointing part of this trip was that despite informing reservations that there was about 12 rooms booked with the wedding party they split us all up in different locations throughout the hotel. They were busy however and did put us in a nice XL corner room.

The front patio was a great place to hangout at night after the wedding and socialize with other guests. There is a nice pond with a few tables and chairs creating a very nice environment to relax.

The beds here were above average with little outside noise - the only exception was the housekeeping closet that was right outside the door in the morning when housekeeping decided to have a 25 minute conversation outside the door at 8:30.

During our visit an overzealous security officer did come to chase down a woman we were talking with outside ( and I do mean chase - we thought she had done something wrong) in order to demand that she put shoes on so she didn't get hurt. My feeling is we were adults and if we didnt want to wear shoes as paying guests we shouldn't be bothered to put them on. We were not bothered about it after the initial confrontation.

Overall great property. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms not near housekeeping closet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay but happy you were still able to enjoy yourself at the hotel. I understand your frustration about your group being scattered throughout the hotel as we do try our best to get groups close together, unfortunately depending on room types it can be difficult at times. We will address the conversation that took place outside of your room and remind our staff to be aware of the place and volume of their conversations. I hope that the few issues you experienced doesn't give you a negative impression of our hotel or Marriott. I appreciate the feedback and hope you choose to return in the future.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott West? Share your experiences!