“Nice, clean Marriott in West Minneapolis” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice, clean Marriott in West Minneapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Bought a Groupon for 2 nights for this hotel, it is very close to my daughter's condo so was a great location for us to go visit her. We had checked rates at this hotel and normally found them higher than other hotels nearby, but the Groupon made it very comparable. We used the pool and hot tub, the pool was a little chilly but the hot tub was perfect. Rooms were nice and very clean. Comfy, plush mattresses and bedding. Bathrooms had Bath and Body Works products, which smell so good. All staff we interacted with were very friendly.

Hotel is just off the freeway and we were on the freeway side, but didn't hear noise from outside or from other rooms, seemed very quiet. Great location, can easily get to different restaurants and shopping from here.

Only drawback of our room - and only reason I gave 4 stars - was that our room was right above the main entrance to the restaurant and a very bright light shown right into our window all night, which we didn't realize until we returned to our room later at night. We couldn't quite get the curtains to keep out all of the light but the second night a little strategically placed duct tape we found in our car did take care of the problem. A great hotel, would definitely stay here again if can get a good rate and if my room isn't just above the restaurant entrance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the freeway/south side above the restaurant entrance may have light shining into them from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear LindaLu71,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you hear you will definitely return. Thank you for letting us know about the light, we will surely look at the placement and improve it so our next guests. Thank you for the review and we will see you on your next visit to Minneapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This past weekend my family ( wife and two grown boys) attended a wedding in the Wayzata area spent 4 days at the hotel.
The Hotel is tucked away off the highway in a quite area. Our check in was smooth and we were surprised with a suite upgrade.
The staff was all friendly and helpful. The young lady at Starbucks each morning greeted us with smiles and a cheerful attitude.
The Pub had a great breakfast buffet on the weekend and was a welcome place to unwind after a couple of long days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear vwirth,

Thank you for the nice review. I'm very pleased to hear our staff provided you with welcoming and friendly service throughout your stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip back to Minnesota.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was here for a training on the property for a week so I got to experience breakfasts, lunches and dinners here as well as staying on-site during the week. The experience at check-in was friendly, quick and professional (thanks to Teri!). The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The banquet meals were delicious- I especially liked the Minnesota lunch buffet and the breakfast wraps. The banquet staff (John, Kim and Kimberly) were amazing and so friendly. I also got to spend time at Kip's and Adam made our evenings there- he was so easy going and provided great food suggestions (loved the walleye sliders!). Overall, Lori (GM) has done a fantastic job with the property and made my stay feel like a home away from home (a very clean and well taken care of home with lots of friendly faces).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Cynthia J,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for noting some of our associates that made your stay so enjoyable. We are very happy you had a chance to experience all aspects of the hotel and that we exceeded you expectations. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Minneapolis MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed for a friends wedding - the hotel itself is in a great location 15 minutes to downtown minneapolis, 10 to the shops at west end, ridgedale mall, etc.

The most disappointing part of this trip was that despite informing reservations that there was about 12 rooms booked with the wedding party they split us all up in different locations throughout the hotel. They were busy however and did put us in a nice XL corner room.

The front patio was a great place to hangout at night after the wedding and socialize with other guests. There is a nice pond with a few tables and chairs creating a very nice environment to relax.

The beds here were above average with little outside noise - the only exception was the housekeeping closet that was right outside the door in the morning when housekeeping decided to have a 25 minute conversation outside the door at 8:30.

During our visit an overzealous security officer did come to chase down a woman we were talking with outside ( and I do mean chase - we thought she had done something wrong) in order to demand that she put shoes on so she didn't get hurt. My feeling is we were adults and if we didnt want to wear shoes as paying guests we shouldn't be bothered to put them on. We were not bothered about it after the initial confrontation.

Overall great property. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms not near housekeeping closet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay but happy you were still able to enjoy yourself at the hotel. I understand your frustration about your group being scattered throughout the hotel as we do try our best to get groups close together, unfortunately depending on room types it can be difficult at times. We will address the conversation that took place outside of your room and remind our staff to be aware of the place and volume of their conversations. I hope that the few issues you experienced doesn't give you a negative impression of our hotel or Marriott. I appreciate the feedback and hope you choose to return in the future.

San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This Marriott is my favorite. They do so much to make you stay delightful! Every time I needed something, it came to my door within minutes. They have the best restaurant, Kips - a Pub who has the very best food and beer. I threw my dads' 92 Birthday party there and everyone, no matter what their diet needed was delighted! The staff is there to please.....
I have stayed there winter and summer and I get rejuvenated every time I stay there. I'll be back!
Marnie Ring

Room Tip: Just be nice.
Green Features: They have orange and lemon water out for us always.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi Marnie,

Thank you for the review. It was so nice having you stay with us and I'm glad everything went as well as we'd hoped. We can't wait until you return in the winter. See you soon!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family spent 3 days at the Marriott West in town for a wedding and Connor was amazing. He made our trip to unchartered waters wonderful. We have stayed in a 4 Seasons and Peninsula hotel and they were helpful but Connor was a breath of fresh air. He managed to do his job and put that extra special touch in it the human factor. He made suggestios that were right on and made getting around a simple task. We are Marriott time share owners in Phoenix, they are helpful but very indifferent Connor treated us like he knew us. You are very lucky to have a representive of Marriott like him. He is one of a kind! Earl and Judy Basner and the O'Maras

Dear Judith B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review recongizing one of our great associates. Connor is very friendly and sccomodating and I'm happy you were able to experieince his outstanding service.

Thank you for choosing us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel along with aLOT of other family members this past weekend for a wedding that was in nearby Minnetonka. The hotel itself was very clean and nice, not over-the-top luxurious, but it was perfect for what we needed it for. I've stayed at a lot of Courtyard by Marriott's, never just a Marriott and I was very happy with our stay. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. At one point I had asked the front desk for more coffee for our room, (as always, we are coffee freaks...one pack of decaf and one pack of regular coffee in a room just doesn't cut it..) and they sent some up right away, along with some fresh towels. The cleaning ladies in the hall we're also very courteous and helpful. We also had to pass a few things along to some relatives, and we were able to leave the items with the girls at the front desk and they were more than helpful. We ate at Kips Pub on Saturday before the wedding for a light lunch. Although it was nothing spectacular, it was nice to have a bar and restaurant right in the hotel. The hotel was also VERY accommodating to the bride and groom, who had many guests staying at the hotel, and also had a shuttle coming to bring them to the reception and wedding itself. They had signs at the front desk stating what time the shuttles would be leaving and coming back, which I thought was very nice of them, considering it wasn't the hotel who owned the shuttle. Our family is also known for staying up quite late.... While not necessarily partying, I'm sure we made a bit of noise, and it was nice for the majority of us to all be on one floor. Bathroom is a little narrow but nice with a long vanity counter. Also, While it sounds kind of silly, one of the main things that makes or breaks my stay at a hotel, is 1) a coffee maker and coffee, and 2), a refrigerator in the room. I was very pleased to have both in our room. I was sorry to see that I didn't notice there was a Caribou coffee stand in the lobby! I love that. My in-laws also had a suite on our floor, it was awesome with all the curved windows and how spacious it was and had a really nice spacious patio. I was impressed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone especially anybody that is coming to town for a wedding in the area. They were great to deal with and the Ridgedale mall is only about five minutes away for any of the last minute things you need to get as well as a target nearby also. Its in a convenient location without it being too congested and you definately can't beat the price for the location.

Room Tip: My mother in law said the suite she had was only $15 more than a regular room.... GET A SUITE! They...
Dear dreay,

Thank you for the very nice review. It sounds like you had a very nice weekend at the hotel while you were here to attend a wedding. I'm glad that we could help you enjoy your vacation.

Thank you and your family for staying with us!

Been to Minneapolis Marriott West? Share your experiences!