“Minneapolis Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
nvasquez62
“Minneapolis Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Marriott Minneapolis West Hotel for 4 days on a business trip. The hotel is about 15mins outside of Minneapolis, traffic was never that bad so the commute was tolerable. When I first arrived at the Marriott West I was a little skeptical due to the outside appearance. My worries were quickly dismissed when I entered the lobby. The lobby is very nice and kept very clean. The design is def from the 80's but they decorations have been kept current. I was given a 7th floor room, which I thought may be nicer, but after talking to a co-worker there is no difference in rooms. The room was clean and updated, but a standard 3 to 4 star room configuration. The bed was very comfortable. All pillows and comforter were down. Bathroom was clean and maintained by the maid staff everyday. I did pay for the extra concierge room. This addition gave me access to the concierge room on the 7th floor. The concierge room offered a continental style breakfast, with hot eggs, potatoes and meats. After 4:30 pm a light dinner was served as well. The concerning room was a great concept and very nicely done. With that said I don't think it is worth the extra $80 per night. Overall a very nice stay, next time I go to Minneapolis I will stay closer to either downtown or the airport.

• Stayed June 2013
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear nvasquez82,

I'd like to thank you for staying with us and for writing a review about your stay. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay was comfortable. We hope you choose us again however I understand other locations may be more convient for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am writing this after trying to go to sleep. The atrium is very loud. When I politely asked the loud people in the lobby to please be considerate, they blew me off with very rude comments.

I really like the convenience of this place and usually have a good stay. Perhaps your rooms could have some better sound proofing.

Room Tip: Do not take an atrium room!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Danecounty,

Thank you or taking the time to express your concerns about your stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear your stay was uncomfortable due to noise from the lobby. I'm glad that you have stayed with us before and that you had good experiences previously. We will defintely pay close attention to noise coming from the lobby in the future.

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I lived in Minneapolis for a number of years, but moved away about 12 years ago. I was back in town for a wedding in Wayzata, and to visit friends in the area. I was accompanied by my brother, from Arizona, and we stayed for three nights.

Right from the start the experience was outstanding...the lobby was inviting and the staff welcomed us as we walked in. Ken D. was at front desk and proceeded to check us in; and, he even helped with our luggage. He learned we were going to meet friends, within the hour, for a Happy Hour near the hotel. So, he arranged for the shuttle to take us there. (My brother and I agreed that Ken was SO service-oriented, that we wouldn't be surprised if he also drove us to the Happy Hour!) He could not have been more professional and polite. My brother, whose business travels have had him often using another brand hotel chain, was so impressed. As someone who likes Marriott, I too was very pleased.

Friends gave us a ride back to the Marriott that night; but, we were hungry and did not want to get in our car to go back out and find a late night place for dinner. So, we just walked into the on-property restaurant & pub, Kips, and they said they were open, but the kitchen was closing in 10 minutes...still, they welcomed us in and said we could order from the full dinner menu. We both felt that the service was wonderful and the food was excellent. This was day one; and, the rest of of our trip, and our experience with this hotel for the three days we were there, continued to be just as accommodating and impressive.

We had a spacious south facing room, on the 6th floor, with lots of windows. The room was very clean and very comfortable. Each day we left and returned to the room at varied times; and, the housekeeping staff was always very courteous and accommodating to our timelines and requests. We did have occasion on one night to use the hot tub and pool; and, other than the hot tub being not as hot as I like at home (think lobster pot)...the pool area was all very clean and nice.

Overall, we had a fantastic stay in the area. And, while I typically hope for a hotel stay to at least not have a negative impact on a fun trip, and to just be neutral and a non-factor...in this case it actually ended up being a plus and added to the overall enjoyment of the trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear kayestbee,

Thank you very much for the great review. I'm happy to hear your stay and the service from Ken was outstanding. We will defintely recgonize Ken for his excellent service. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Minneapolis.

Warm regards
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed for an overnight and had a great time. The room was large and clean. The pool was large and empty (which was great). Check-in service is good and the hotel is very clean. We checked out through the room, which was easy.

We liked the soaps in the room and the shower and room were very clean.

The attached pub is acceptable, but not great. The food was fine, but not great. They had a good selection beers on tap and the service was prompt and friendly.

Room Tip: Not much of a view no matter where your room is.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alinmn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us.
Munster, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel has an atrium in the middle and our room was on the 4th of 7 floors. It felt like you could hear every conversation in the lobby and made for a less relaxing stay. The walls of our room were paper thin and we were kept up by the people partying across the hall and could hear the voices of the people in the room next to us too. The room was clean and the bathroom was a nice size. The air conditioning unit blows directly into the face of the person sleeping on that side of the bed. On a positive note, we ate breakfast there and it was good.

Room Tip: stay on the non-atrium side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear MamaG3,

I'm terribly sorry for the noise issues you experienced while staying with us. I understand the lobby atrium rooms at times get a bit noisier than other areas of the hotel. I hope you choose to return so we can assign you a room in a quiet location. Thank you for your comment about breakfast in Kip's, I agree it is a great place to eat. Thank you for the review and I hope your next stay is much more enjoyable.
Brooklyn Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We purchased our hotel room through a Groupon and were so delighted. The interior of this hotel is beautiful and the room, equally so. The hotel staff was professional and friendly. I would definitely stay here again for another in-town getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hello James B,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear your experience with us was great and hope we see you in the future. Thank you for purchasing our Groupon offer!
Muskego, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had a bad experience. I especially like the nice touch of a complimentary glass of wine when checking in after a day of work. Kipps (the restaurant in the hotel) has great staff, always friendly and helpful. I have to eat gluten free and while they don't have a GF menu they do make me feel comfortable I am safe and they help me find something I would like.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear James B,

Thank you very much for the nice review. We are very pleased you always have a pleasant stay with us and thank you for your loyalty. We will be waiting your return with a glass of wine ready for you at check in.

Please visit Kip's Irish Pub's Tripadvisor page if you have a moment, they would love to hear your feedback.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott West? Share your experiences!