“Great weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Brooklyn Park
“Great weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We purchased our hotel room through a Groupon and were so delighted. The interior of this hotel is beautiful and the room, equally so. The hotel staff was professional and friendly. I would definitely stay here again for another in-town getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hello James B,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear your experience with us was great and hope we see you in the future. Thank you for purchasing our Groupon offer!

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Muskego, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had a bad experience. I especially like the nice touch of a complimentary glass of wine when checking in after a day of work. Kipps (the restaurant in the hotel) has great staff, always friendly and helpful. I have to eat gluten free and while they don't have a GF menu they do make me feel comfortable I am safe and they help me find something I would like.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear James B,

Thank you very much for the nice review. We are very pleased you always have a pleasant stay with us and thank you for your loyalty. We will be waiting your return with a glass of wine ready for you at check in.

Please visit Kip's Irish Pub's Tripadvisor page if you have a moment, they would love to hear your feedback.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Mpls Marriott West for one night. The lobby and entry was sparkling as I entered and the staff was attentive and polite. They were extremely helpful in arranging a room that I could get into early. The south facing room, located on the 6th floor, was almost perfect -- the room seemed to be all windows providing a nice view on a gloriously sunny day. The room was super clean and the best was very comfortable. The only thing I would recommend to the hotel is that, if possible, the rooftops be made more "green". Overall, a fantastic visit.

Room Tip: Room on south side was all windows -- large and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear RMM0246,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a very nice review. I'm happy to hear your stay with us was fantastic and the service was great. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great customer service! Had a issue with our room, manager was awesome changed our room and was extremely accommodating! Beds and linens were top notch! Bath and Body bathroom products. Best of all a great price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sunsun1,

Thank you very much for the nice review. I'm glad we were able to take care of the room issue and everything went well with your stay. Thank you for staying with us!
Northern Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Minneapolis West for one night for an event taking place in the cities. The hotel itself was very nice, but the hotel staff was very RUDE. We were promised a double queen room because we had 4 people going and were given a kind bed with a roll-away bed. We would not have booked the hotel if we would have known about that. I specifically asked before confirming the reservation and was told that everything was good to go. Next, I had called back a day or two later for some information and they told me they could not find my reservation. The lady would not admit she was wrong. Finally I spoke with someone else who said she needed to update the information and as soon as she did they found my room and apologized for the room employee. Was a nice hotel but not worth the money spent, especially with the rude service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear 76MarieP,

I would like to apologize for the unpleasant expereince you encountered while staying with us. I understand traveling with four people you not only need but expect more than one bed in order to sleep comfortably. There was defintely a disconnect on our end that we need to correct. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and we will use this as a training topic for our staff. Again, I'm very sorry for the unpleasant experience.

home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel itself was fine, although it is NOT in Minneapolis, although it advertises itself as Minneapolis West. It is in St Louis Park, but almost all the way in Minnetonka, a goodly ways from Downtown Minneapolis.
The real reason for my rating is this. We checked out at 11am on a Sunday morning. On the way home, my husband realized he left a personalized 2 piece warmup from the College that he teaches at. We called the hotel by 1pm asking them to check the closet for it. They said they couldn't find it. We called back the next day to talk to the manager. He too said they couldn't find it and there was nothing they could do about it. We called one more time to see if it had turned up. It was too early for anyone else to have checked into the room when we called to report it , which means that one of the staff took it out of the closet and kept it. It was personalized with both his name and the name of the college. It shouldn't be too hard to identify. Heaven forbid someone would leave jewelry or electronics with no identifying marks.
I don't believe the manager couldn't have found out who was in the room and took it. Key cards are rather easy to track I believe. If you stay there make sure you check the room closely before you leave.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wolfetraveler,

I'm very sorry to hear about your missing warm up suit. I understand how frustrating it would be leaving and not being able to go back to retrieve your belongings and then be told it was not found. We will defintely look at our lost and found procedures to ensure we are doing everything we can to recover and return left behind items to our guests. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention to help us improve.
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and stayed at this hotel for a little weekend getaway. All I can say is WOW!! Everything was absolutely perfect. From the customer service to the maid service, 5 stars. If you need anything, call the manager by the name of Roxy and she will take care of you. I recommend this place and staff to anyone who wants to enjoy a stay at a nice hotel with top notch staff.

Thank you Roxy for making my wife's and my stay something we will remember!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the service you received during your weekend getaway at the Marriott. We will defintely recognize Roxy for her outstanding service and thank you for recommending us to others.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott West? Share your experiences!