“Watch your belongings” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
home
“Watch your belongings”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel itself was fine, although it is NOT in Minneapolis, although it advertises itself as Minneapolis West. It is in St Louis Park, but almost all the way in Minnetonka, a goodly ways from Downtown Minneapolis.
The real reason for my rating is this. We checked out at 11am on a Sunday morning. On the way home, my husband realized he left a personalized 2 piece warmup from the College that he teaches at. We called the hotel by 1pm asking them to check the closet for it. They said they couldn't find it. We called back the next day to talk to the manager. He too said they couldn't find it and there was nothing they could do about it. We called one more time to see if it had turned up. It was too early for anyone else to have checked into the room when we called to report it , which means that one of the staff took it out of the closet and kept it. It was personalized with both his name and the name of the college. It shouldn't be too hard to identify. Heaven forbid someone would leave jewelry or electronics with no identifying marks.
I don't believe the manager couldn't have found out who was in the room and took it. Key cards are rather easy to track I believe. If you stay there make sure you check the room closely before you leave.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Wolfetraveler,

I'm very sorry to hear about your missing warm up suit. I understand how frustrating it would be leaving and not being able to go back to retrieve your belongings and then be told it was not found. We will defintely look at our lost and found procedures to ensure we are doing everything we can to recover and return left behind items to our guests. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention to help us improve.

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and stayed at this hotel for a little weekend getaway. All I can say is WOW!! Everything was absolutely perfect. From the customer service to the maid service, 5 stars. If you need anything, call the manager by the name of Roxy and she will take care of you. I recommend this place and staff to anyone who wants to enjoy a stay at a nice hotel with top notch staff.

Thank you Roxy for making my wife's and my stay something we will remember!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the service you received during your weekend getaway at the Marriott. We will defintely recognize Roxy for her outstanding service and thank you for recommending us to others.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted very nicely by a very pleasant young woman named Panyaig Lee.
She asked if we had a special occasion, which we did. It was our 47th wedding anniversary that day. She upgraded us to suite, which was very clean. We had told her we were going to eat supper at the Melting Pot in downtown Mpls. We arrived back to our room after supper and were pleasantly surprised to find a tray of chocolate covered strawberries and 2 little cakes along with 2 bottles of water with a very nice note. The treats were delicious.
The entire staff is very nice but we dealt mainly with Panyaig Lee, she is an absolute GEM, she made us feel very special.
In summary we had a very nice experience and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Sincerely
C E ROHR

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Charles R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your wedding anniversary. I'm very happy that it was a great experience and that the staff took good care of you during your special day. We hope to see you again in the future.

new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The lobby area was nice. The breakfast is also good. The room itself was a bit outdated and my room in particular smelled like an armpit. But my colleague's room did not smell.

Location was good - only about 25 min from the airport and just a couple minutes off the highway.

If you are traveling for work, it will do. Otherwise, I would recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Ic1113,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so sorry to hear there was a unpleasant smell in your room and hope we were able to take care of the issue or move you to another more comfortable room. Thank you again for the feedback and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First, we came to Minneapolis under the most difficult circumstances--a death in the family. We were looking for a place that was clean and comfortable, with good service, and the Marriott Minneapolis West exceeded our expectations. The rooms were clean and spacious, the restaurant, Kip's, was great--but best of all was the service we received. The people at the desk couldn't have been nicer. I really want to give a shout-out to two of the women at the front desk, Panjiag Lee and Akua, who went out of their way to help us and even sent up a complimentary basket of fruit, which came in very handy over the weekend. I would definitely come back here and would recommend the Marriott Minneapolis West to anyone visiting the area. Great stuff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear MichaelK43323,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a wonderful review for our hotel. I'm happy you were able to enjoy your stay under such difficult circumstances and that our staff went above and beyond to make you feel special. We look forward to you staying with us again!
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Last Friday we had a rare opportunity to leave our 5 children behind and celebrate 30 years of marriage! By chance, I had purchased a stay at the Marriot West...
There was a slight glitch, though when our reservation (through a coupon co.) was momentarily "lost"... All was well in the end, however, due to the special kindness of Ms. Panyiag Lee, the sweet gal working at check-in. Ms. Lee made our day/week/month when she upgraded us to a suite!!! It was by far one of the nicest things anyone has done for us... and in a situation where this was not necessary/expected. The suite on the 7th floor had sweeping windows, was meticulously clean, and exceptionally comfortable! We truly have no words for this kindness other than a heartfelt and enormous Thank YOU! It was a delightful and memorable stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Travelmom718,

Thank you for writing such a nice review for us. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and were able to spend a nice night away from home. Panyiag is an outstanding guest service agent and we are very happy she is part of our team. Thank you for reconginzing Panyiag and I hope you will return next time you need a relaxing getaway.

Thank you!
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was here for business and I assume the majority of people here are as well. Its basically in a business park area with limited to no other dining options within walking distance. I would give the hotel 2 stars but couldn't due to the very professional staff and typical quality of a Marriott hotel. My biggest issue was the level of noise from the room. I was 10-12 rooms down from the elevator but could still hear it. I could hear three different phones getting their 5 AM wake up call every day. The door also has some serious gaps as it was impossible to achieve total darkness in the evening. Bottom line is that quality of sleep was really lacking for me here at this property.

My other issue would be with the gym. Three treadmills, 2-3 nordic trainers, but one weight bench and free weights up to 40 or 50 lbs. Just a bit limited for a gym.

I might stay here again if in the area purely based on the staff alone. I agree with other reviewers that coming back after a day of work to be welcomed with a smile and a complimentary glass of wine is top notch. I just wish I could get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MurphOC,

I'm very sorry to hear about the noise issues you had during your stay with us. We understand the importantace of getting a good nights rest while travelling and are very disappointed that you were unable to relax comfortably during your stay. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the staff and wine at check in and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott West? Share your experiences!