“Special kindness!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minnesota
“Special kindness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Last Friday we had a rare opportunity to leave our 5 children behind and celebrate 30 years of marriage! By chance, I had purchased a stay at the Marriot West...
There was a slight glitch, though when our reservation (through a coupon co.) was momentarily "lost"... All was well in the end, however, due to the special kindness of Ms. Panyiag Lee, the sweet gal working at check-in. Ms. Lee made our day/week/month when she upgraded us to a suite!!! It was by far one of the nicest things anyone has done for us... and in a situation where this was not necessary/expected. The suite on the 7th floor had sweeping windows, was meticulously clean, and exceptionally comfortable! We truly have no words for this kindness other than a heartfelt and enormous Thank YOU! It was a delightful and memorable stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Travelmom718,

Thank you for writing such a nice review for us. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and were able to spend a nice night away from home. Panyiag is an outstanding guest service agent and we are very happy she is part of our team. Thank you for reconginzing Panyiag and I hope you will return next time you need a relaxing getaway.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was here for business and I assume the majority of people here are as well. Its basically in a business park area with limited to no other dining options within walking distance. I would give the hotel 2 stars but couldn't due to the very professional staff and typical quality of a Marriott hotel. My biggest issue was the level of noise from the room. I was 10-12 rooms down from the elevator but could still hear it. I could hear three different phones getting their 5 AM wake up call every day. The door also has some serious gaps as it was impossible to achieve total darkness in the evening. Bottom line is that quality of sleep was really lacking for me here at this property.

My other issue would be with the gym. Three treadmills, 2-3 nordic trainers, but one weight bench and free weights up to 40 or 50 lbs. Just a bit limited for a gym.

I might stay here again if in the area purely based on the staff alone. I agree with other reviewers that coming back after a day of work to be welcomed with a smile and a complimentary glass of wine is top notch. I just wish I could get a good nights sleep.

Dear MurphOC,

I'm very sorry to hear about the noise issues you had during your stay with us. We understand the importantace of getting a good nights rest while travelling and are very disappointed that you were unable to relax comfortably during your stay. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the staff and wine at check in and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I travel to Minnesota from Philadelphia every week and I can think of no place I'd rather stay. It almost feels like my second home. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, the staff here is the best ever, especially Roxy and Dan, they go out of there way to make me feel special. The after work wine sessions are why I love the end of my work day. In short, it does feel like my second home. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: The suites are the best. Large TV's, Sofas and lounge chairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Shawn,

Thank you for the review! This is defintely your home away from home and we enjoy having you stay with us. We will be waiting for you to return from work for the next wine session!

Laguna Niguel,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was in town for work and the best part of the trip this time around was the hotel stay. I don't usually post reviews but had to compliment the hotel on great service and helpful employees. The shuttle driver Roxy, was quick to share interesting facts about the hotel and the area. Definitely someone who you can tell, loves to work with people and enjoys what she does. Thanks Marriott Minneapolis West

Dear ToddinLN,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I'm happy to hear you were able to meet Roxy during your stay and I will pass along your comments to her as well. We appreciate the review and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just wanted to write a review commenting on the great service that I had at the Marriott Minneapolis West in Minneapolis, MN. Darrien B was an excellent introduction to the hotel. He was friendly, professional and very informative to me and my friend. He recommend an excellent restaurant for us to dine at.
I appreciated the front desk personnel professionalism and kindness. Shannon from Room Service was very polite and nice on the phone and very quick to deliver what was ordered. Thank you so much for the GREAT service. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors seem to be quieter during the week.
Dear Maureen F,

Thank you very much for the review. I'm very happy to hear about the excellent service you received during your stay and thank you for recognizing the associates that stood out during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Winnipeg, MB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the location is just off main route 394. The hotel has a good excercise room and pool. Some of the rooms have balconies. We were on the 6th floor and found it to be quiet with no noticable noise from the 394. There is shopping and dining district close by within 5 minutes with costo and sams closeby. Park Place Boulevard closeby has quite a few shops .
A GPS is very handy to have as you cannot see most of these stores from the 394. We liked this hotel so much that have resererved to stay 2 nights in May. The Hotel has also had a recent upgrade and looks fresh. Our room had a fridge which is inside the dresser so we did not notice it right away till I heard it go on. The internet service was good and although the hotel information says they charge for wifi they infact DO NOT charge for in room wifi. A final note when I called the hotel to confirm arrival Ken was most helpful and the staff at check in and check out were most pleasant and helpful.

Dear Jetboy727,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about the hotel and surrounding area. Your review will be great for travellers to get an idea for not only our hotel but what the surounding area has to offer. We are very happy to hear about your check in experience and thank you for recognizing Ken at our front desk, he is an outstanding supervisor. We look forward to your return in May.

Thank you!
Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just wanted to write review on the Marriott West. The actual facility is nice, but the reason for the high rating is the staff. The staff are very nice and want to make your stay the best that it possibly can be. In particular the shuttle driver Roxy is great! She goes out of her way to get you where you need to go and make arrangements when necessary. Thanks Roxy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Dan B,

Thank you for the review and for recognizing one of our great employees. It's great to hear about your experience and hope we can provide you with many more in the future. Thank you again for the review.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott West? Share your experiences!