“amazing staff, ultimate hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
New York City, New York
“amazing staff, ultimate hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I spent Monday thru Friday here for eight consecutive weeks. The physical plant is a very well kept Courtyard. It is the staff and their attention to the comfort and well being of a guest that this team of hoteliers shines. When you want to be "at home" then stay here.

While you are here make sure that you meet Roxy. Here is the super star amongst stars. Seeming to work around the clock 7 days a week, Roxy goes to extreme measures to make everyone she assists feel like they are the most special. Bravo Roxy!

Room Tip: ask for an outside corner room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
guidoofcourse,

Thank you for the great review about the staff. Roxy is definetly a superstar that brings great energy and enthusiasm to work with her everyday. Thank you again for the review and we hope you choose to return in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at this Marriott regularly for over three years for business travel. The staff has always provided excellent, personalized service. The front desk staff was genuinely interested in responding to my requests, whether that was for a quick ride on the shuttle, recommendations for dinner restaurants outside the hotel, or changes in room location. Complimentary wine or water upon check-in, for all guests, was a welcome change that they recently introduced.

The hotel itself is clean and I started to see small rennovations to the rooms (new linens for example) over the last year. The exercise room was also updated recently and is clean but busy during the times you would expect.

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for the wonderful review and for staying with us for the past three years. We appreciate your loyalty and it's been great having you as a regular guest of the hotel for so long. We hope your travels bring you back to Minneapolis in the future.

Take care Chris!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had to catch an early morning flight and the cab I called didn't come. Both your night manager Gina and the night security/shuttle driver Roxy bent over backwards to find me a cab in time. They went above and beyond to get me to the airport in time. Both of the lovely ladies set a new standard for exceptional "customer care"!

Dear Keith K,

Thank you for the review and thank you for recognizing two great employees. We couldn't be happier to have Gina and Roxy as part of our team. We will be sure to recognize both for their excellent service during your stay.

Thank you for staying with us!
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Marriott West has been my home away from homes for the past year and a half. The rooms are always clean and they are newly refurbished. The staff is the nicest group of people I have ever encountered at a hotel while on the road which makes it that much nicer to stay there. Real close to downtown as well.

Overall one of my favorite properties.

Room Tip: The hotel is not close to any noise, so all rooms are good. The end rooms are the best!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sunny1sunny1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with the staff as they love to hear how they impact our guests experiences. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our weekend at Marriott Minneapolis West was so-so. Nothing stuck out as being fantastic, nor was anything horrible. The hotel was clean at all times, and our room was clean when we arrived. The maid did however knock on our door to clean at 8 am one morning. :( We were already up and about to leave for the day, but I thought that was a little early to be knocking on doors to clean. We ate 2-3 meals a day at Kip's, where our service was subpar. We actually got take out from there one night and decided to still tip the hostess for her trouble. We ended up giving her about 18% and then decided to order a side of bread. We handed her a $5, with the bread only being $2.50. Another server brought our bread out and didn't bring the change. When the hostess came back out we asked for our change, and she said,"oh, you wanted that back?" We thought that was pretty rude since we had already went above and beyond with tipping her. The next day we went back for breakfast and it was the same hostess. When we walked in she said,"oh, you're back again. You must not have any lives." Joke or not, we didn't find it very appropriate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mwestmgr, Director of Sales at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from the weekend you stayed with us. Your comments are very important and I am thankful you took the time to share them. I am sorry your stay was not above your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to apologize in person. I can be contacted at the hotel directly if you have the chance to further discuss. 952.544.4400. Please know that your concerns are heard and we will take advantage of the chance to learn and improve.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had to make last minute arrangements for accommodations due to an unexpected death in our family. By all means, this is not a four star hotel, however we did receive 5 star treatment and consideration by the hotel staff and management.

We checked in very late only to find our room vent was broken. The security guard came up and escorted us to a new room which was an upgraded suite. I rode the elevator down with her to get my husband some snacks and she was making suggestions for where we could go for "real" food when I had to stop her and tell her our reason for staying was not pleasure but due to a death in the family. She was very sweet and when I tried to purchase the snacks they would not let me pay! Also the next day they sent up a lovely card for my us with condolences and fresh fruit and beverages. They were small but very kind gestures during a difficult time and I will stay there from now on when I have to visit MN to see family.

Thanks you staff and management of M. M. West, your kindness was not lost on us!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstances surrounding your stay at our hotel and am delighted to hear that our staff attended to you with such care while you were here. The security guard who made such an impact on your stay is Roxy. I know because she impacts us all in exactly the same manner. She truly is one of the brightest and most genuine members of our team and we are very lucky to have her! Thank you for sharing your story.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Because my frequent travel to Minneapolis I always make my reservation through Priceline bidding to save money. I have been very lucky to get this hotel several times in a row, at least once a month. This feedback is certainly overdue, but it is only by busy schedule the delayed it. I can guarantee you, you can sense the care, the passion for good customer service, and persistence to make you feel you are truly welcome home from the moment you walk through the front door. Every one goes out of his way to really make you feel home. Have ever seen a hotel staff offering a glass of wine as you are checking in (Do not expect this every time though). The front task staff are all amazing. I wish i remember all their names. I must admit, I always have to look at their name badge when I get their. You will always see a great smile and warm talk. Akua specially has an amazing desire to help. Tracey and Tom in VIP lounge are amazing. Tracy makes you feel you are having breakfast in your kitchen at home. It is obvious that such overwhelming culture come from management. That is what I got from every one I spoke to. They said they get it all from Michael, the assistant GM. Dan, the front desk manager, even carried a box for me to my car one time.

Room Tip: Every time I went there I stays in a different room and never has any problem with any room assigned...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott West, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Magdy,

Thank you so much for your review. We enjoy when you stay with us and hope you continue to choose us in the future. The staff members that you mentioned are all very wonderful and we are extremly happy to have them as part of our team. We know you travel a lot and hope to make our hotel your home away from home. See you soon!