“Great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whitey's World Famous Saloon

Whitey's World Famous Saloon
400 E Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55414-1006 (University / Dinkytown)
612-623-9478
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Iowa
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Perfect spot for breakfast with great food and fresh squeezed juices.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tequila...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Love tequila and they definately have a couple flavors that are hard to find. The food is good and the location is in a good neighborhood.

Visited May 2012
minneapolis
“Great food, a little quirky on the drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I love their BBQ shrimp, beef tataki and portobello burger. However, I was always surprised at how few drinks the bartenders knew when I order there - really, don't know how to make a lemon drop martini? Otherwise a great neighborhood bar.

Visited April 2011
Twin Cities, Minnesota
“Really surprising, great lunch!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We were walking north on Hennepin thinking about lunch. We were half thinking about Subway, but I was wondering about something different. My coworker suggested Whiteys. He said their lunch specials were always good.

Well why not, it was right there on the corner. We went in and were seated right away. The special was Chicken Fried Steak. Yes I know, not a healthy choice. If that was my thought I would have gone to Lunds for a salad.

We ordered a beer and while we were visiting we could hear pounding in the kitchen. The cook was making our lunch to order. He was pounding the meat out for the individual lunches. Almost unheard of. Within a short time our waitress brought our lunches to our table. They came with a huge portion of great mashed potatoes with gravey. It was delicious!!

I am definitly going back. After I told friends I went there, many of them told me they had been there as well, and really enjoyed it. I am adding Whiteys to my list of places in Minneapolis to eat.

• Visited October 2011