“cheese heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 1,598 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“cheese heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

love this place, come with some $$$$, its hard to leave without several selections....always find something new and interesting, counter help is very knowledgeable

Visited September 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Patronized, Cheese Shop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My rating would have been a five but I must give a two. When my business travels bring me to Minneapolis I look forward to my visits to Surdyk's, I really appreciate the vast selection of wine and high-end cheeses in the cheese shop, however this recently changed. This young man was so arrogant toward me. I came to purchase a large quantity of cheese for my company cocktail party. It was very obvious in this man's manner that he felt that he was above helping me, perhaps he thought he had somewhere better to be. Well I certainly did, rather than tell the man to be patient with the woman buying $200 in cheese and knowing it is far too late to correct something in his spirit that his mother should have, frustrated, I left and went to Lunds. Lunds is right around the corner and their olive bar is far superior than the selection of the Surdyk's cheese shop. Lunds also has good cheese. The name Christian is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Christian is "follower of Christ"; this boy was not aptly named.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“Urban picnic food heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you are a turophile (I looked it up), I promise you will love this place. If you're like us, and don't know much about cheese, but know what you like and are willing to occasionally splurge for it, well...welcome to Surdyk's. Great selection of cheeses, including hard-to-find aged, crumbly English cheddar and soft, delicious Spanish blues. You'll also find a nice selection of pates, artisan breads, desserts, well-made salads...and, oh, look, the cheese shop is actually housed inside a liquor store with a large selection of wines and craft beers.

Small cigar shop here, too, if that's your thing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent Selection and Store!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is a gold mine. It has hundreds of wines and cheeses. And we love wine! Their staff is also very knowledgeable and is always able to find us something new based on our preferences. The cheese area is also great. You can sample any cheese you want and again the staff is very knowledgeable about cheese types. I wish I lived closer because I want to go here all the time!

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles
“Great selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We bought some cheeses and crackers for a short road trip, and it was our best purchase of the trip! Great selection and friendly helpful staff.

Visited May 2013