“Urban picnic food heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 1,613 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Minneapolis
“Urban picnic food heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you are a turophile (I looked it up), I promise you will love this place. If you're like us, and don't know much about cheese, but know what you like and are willing to occasionally splurge for it, well...welcome to Surdyk's. Great selection of cheeses, including hard-to-find aged, crumbly English cheddar and soft, delicious Spanish blues. You'll also find a nice selection of pates, artisan breads, desserts, well-made salads...and, oh, look, the cheese shop is actually housed inside a liquor store with a large selection of wines and craft beers.

Small cigar shop here, too, if that's your thing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent Selection and Store!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is a gold mine. It has hundreds of wines and cheeses. And we love wine! Their staff is also very knowledgeable and is always able to find us something new based on our preferences. The cheese area is also great. You can sample any cheese you want and again the staff is very knowledgeable about cheese types. I wish I lived closer because I want to go here all the time!

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles
“Great selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We bought some cheeses and crackers for a short road trip, and it was our best purchase of the trip! Great selection and friendly helpful staff.

Visited May 2013
District of Columbia
“My life has been changed by Surdyk's...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was there during an annual wine tasting event. It was a spectacular event and I left with a carload of wine. The service is great. The prices are great. Surdyk's is great.

Visited June 2012
Illinois
“Great gourmet food selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stopped in on a Friday night after reading reviews. Place was packed and the parking lot was a bit of a nightmare. I can’t imagine what it’s like on holidays. Lovely gourmet cheeses and goods. Wine selection was a bit overwhelming for me. We ended up skipping on liquor and purchasing cheese and crackers. We’ll be back and might have to try one of the yummy looking sandwiches.

• Visited April 2013