“Stay for the dessert!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 112 Eatery

112 Eatery
112 N Third St, Minneapolis, MN 55401 (Warehouse District)
(612) 343-7696
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
“Stay for the dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

There is always so much buzz about 112 we just had to try it for ourselves. While we found the wait staff to be very average, the food was exceptional. We recommend the ricotta and honey, pork osso bucco (slow cooked pork), and the bundino for dessert. Everything we had was wonderful, high quality, and with layered flavors. The layout of the restaurant was a bit odd, but once you're at your table you don't even notice. Be sure to make a reservation too. 112 Eatery is a great go to restaurant when you want high quality food in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013

minneapolis
“Favorite All Time Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Even though the last time I was at 112 was more than six months ago, I'm pining for this restaurant so much I'm writing a review (because there is no way I could get in last minute on a Friday). We go here about 2x a year and love it every time. I hosted my husband's 40th dinner here and we are all still talking about it. The bar is excellent. Name it, they'll craft it. The chimi salmon is what I dream about in the middle of the night. And don't even get me started about the butterscotch budino. Order 2 to go home for breakfast the next day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis
“great pre-show dinner place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We headed here before going to see the Book of Mormon at the Orpheum. When we made the reservation we mentioned this to the restaurant and they said they'd make a note on the reservation. The food was delicious!! We got the scallops, a bibb salad, and 112 steak tartar for appetizers. The scallops were amazing! The steak tartar was a little oniony but tasted great. For the salad, they even split it onto two plates for us, even though we never asked for that. We had the lamb stringozzi and the seared duck breast for dinner and the roasted squash as a side dish. The duck was juicy, but wasn't my favorite. I highly recommend the stringozzi, though. One thing that was odd is that they change your silverware out in between courses. Felt almost wasteful! We actually didn't have time for dessert because the server didnt' know we had a show to get to, so she was a little slow in bringing out the food. We had plenty of time, still though, and we were probably too full to eat anyway. I definitely want to come here again and try more stuff from the menu!!!

• Visited February 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Fantastic Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Food was great and the prices were reasonable. Atmosphere was very romantic and cozy. Olives and roasted nuts on the table were delicious and a nice touch. Highly recommend the "stringozzi with lamb sugo". Only downside was that the server was a little aloof, but you kind of expect that when eating at a "hot" restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food and atmosphere--sophisticated.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Waiter was very knowledgeable but then disappeared. Had to wait a long time for the check.

Small and somewhat noisy.

I would not rate this number 1 in Mpls. but I would put it in the top 10.

• Visited January 2013