“Pretty good.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Famous Dave's BBQ Ribs & Blues

Famous Dave's BBQ Ribs & Blues
3001 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55408 (Uptown)
(612) 822-9900
Neighborhood: Uptown
Lakeville, MN
“Pretty good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food but all tastes kinda the same. After eating there a few times you don't feel like going again.

Visited May 2012

Twin Cities, MN
“Famous Dave's plus live music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I visited this last Saturday and I'd like to give higher ratings as I like the Famous Dave's menu (same served here as other locations) and the server was a lot of fun, but I was very distressed becasue they charge a cover fee of $10/person after 7pm on weekends. The live music is a great touch and lends wonderful atmosphere, but the house band that played up til 7pm was just wonderful and I arrived early. As always, the appetizers and entrees were quite good and the rib tips in the appetizer sampler were surprisingly well smoked. I've always enjoyed Famous Dave's menu and for a theme restaurant, it backs up the promise of crap on the walls with good food on the plate.

The visit was for a friend's birthday party with a table of 8 people and happy hour lasted til about 7pm, so there were great prices on tap beer and rail drinks, but anyone in our party arriving after 7pm had to pay to enter, and this is where my complaint is founded.

I could understand charging for people to stand at the bar, but for seating at a table with a reservation of 8 people or more I think is a misstep by management, especially with the table's auto gratuity. I can understand that the band might want to see everyone charged at the door, but if the band is to fill the restaurant, I'd favor the restaurant taking a portion of sales to pay for large tables that are going to more than make up for the cover charge in additional food and beverage to tip-out the band.

It's an especially risky strategy too--if the band doesn't have a good following, people won't pay $10/person to eat and tables will go empty--which is a lose-lose. If they're having a problem with groupies taking up tables and not eating, it is easily solved by servers who can courteously offer a two-drink minimum for tables, insist a dinner order is placed, or requesting they pay the cover to sit at the bar.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Olhao, Portugal
“Good Food Good Music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Me and my wife had dinner there on a night with a perfomance with a local tribute blues band.
Food was very good, great service, very efficient and a lovely atmosphere. In my opinion, if you enjoy blues music and good not pretensious food this is the place instead of others well known trendy DownTown restaurants. And if you're a tourist like me and you don't feel confortable goin' some local family blues house no one knows except the locals, altough they're more genuine, this is a good choice.I loved the way people just go with the tight here...it is very pleasant and healthy atmosphere

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
wayzata
“eating healthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It is not so much Dave's per se. I simply do not enjoy a lot of meat and somewhat greasy and too sweet sauce type of food.

Visited September 2012
Mobile, Alabama
“Surprised by good BBQ in the north”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Being from the Deep South I love BBQ. So I was a little skeptical about finding good meat and sauces in the north. Famous Dave's did not disappoint. I loved the variety of spicy sauces. I have the lunch plate with rib tips and brisket with beans on the side. It was all delicious and I left with a full belly!