“Famous Dave's Apple Valley and Minneapolis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Famous Dave's BBQ Ribs & Blues

Famous Dave's BBQ Ribs & Blues
3001 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55408 (Uptown)
(612) 822-9900
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Uptown
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Famous Dave's Apple Valley and Minneapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Being a chain, Famous Dave's is one of those places that suffers from inconsistency. We have not always enjoyed the same level of quality at some locations in outstate Minnesota but I would like to point out that the Famous Dave's in Apple Valley and the one in Minneapolis consistently provide great, high quality food and excellent service. In addition, my husband and I love the blues groups that are booked at Famous Daves in Minneapolis. While they may not be the very best ribs I have EVER had in my life, the quality is consistently very good every time we visit and if something does happen to go wrong, they work hard to make it right.

Visited October 2012

New Brighton, Minnesota
“Typical Minnesota Ribs....Too Wet and Too Sweet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Not the best barbecue but good for MN standards. Drenched in sauce, slippery as anything, and sweet. Not near the standards of Kansas City or Memphis.

Visited July 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is a chain restrurant, but well done. I don't think I have had bad food here. Ribs are outstanding, Chicken is smoked to perfection, Brisket is great.

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I loved their "two meat special"! The amount of food was very generous and tasty! I like their take-out service when things get busy at home. I call ahead with my order and its ready when I get there.

Visited September 2012
wahiawa
“AMAZING PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

OMG FAMOUS DAVE'S IS THE MOST AMAZING RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD!!!!
It was my first time going there and omg the food was too good. We order the meal for two. And at first I though it was just going to be little items. GOOD GOSH!!!....THAT THING WAS A MONSTER. Meal for two??? More like a meal for 4 hahaha. There is no way on earth you can eat that alone without help. Unless you are super hungry lol.
That sucker was so huge that we end up taking most of it home with us to eat for breakfast.
Oh gosh, I felt like I was in heaven when sucking my teeth into that tasty ribs and other food that came with it. I wish they could make a restaurant in the state where I'm from I would return back everyday lol.

• Visited September 2012