“Food not to miss, service could use a few changes...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar

Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
1432 W 31st St, Minneapolis, MN 55408-2605 (Uptown)
612-825-1572
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,586 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Uptown
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Food not to miss, service could use a few changes...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food at Lucia's is not to miss. The service could use some improvements. Being a person who has worked in fine dining for many years, I might have high expectations, but why shouldn't I? I spent my time bending over backwards with a big smile on my face - why don't I get to enjoy that every once in a while? Lucia's is one place I have heard would deliver. But not this time, not in my opinion.
My handsome and I went to Lucia's without a reservation this weekend hoping for a snack and some nice wine an hour before the kitchen closed. We wanted to be in the bar but it was full with a wait - so we went to the dining room. We were well received by the host and seated quickly but the servers were ready to leave and seemed to have already checked out, even looking annoyed that we were there. It was as if the last push doesn't matter once they've been cut. Our table changed hands three times, the last time right before the bill was delivered and without informing us first. Really?? We tipped more than fairly and hope that the gentleman server we ended with, after being dumped by two women, was happy to have us - for three minutes. UGH, it left such a bad taste in my mouth - and after all that beautiful food and drink. Being handed off made our visit more confusing than relaxing.

It's too bad that such beautiful ambiance and world class food is served by entitled people who would rather be somewhere else. If this is not the case - perhaps Lucia herself needs to look a little more closely at who is serving her fine food and make some FINAL cuts.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Uptown / Neighborhood Gathering Spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Trendy and expensive tries to meet casual (but not casual) in the guise of a coffee shop, wine bar, bakery, etc... It sometimes succeeds, all depends on the staff, the clientele, and often the time of day / vibe of the day...

The food is mostly "okay" however a bit expensive and somewhat limited in its choices. The staff can range from polite/sometimes friendly to arrogant or indifferent, it all kind of depends. My own strategy in the warmer months is to make my selection, then grab a table outside, and enjoy the neighborhood and weather and tune out the attitude...

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“Small, Intimate, and Outstanding Food--a Minneapolis Icon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This restaurant has been serving James Beacd worthy ffod for over 25 years. The menu is small and selective, the atmosphere is intimate and conducive to great conversation and the wine list is selective, affordable and interesting. Even when the menu seems a little remote, every dish is wonderful. This is a place not to be missed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond
“An excellent meal at Lucia's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in town on business and discovered Lucia's on TripAdvisor. When I suggested it to a friend I was meeting for dinner she laughed and said it was one her favorites. The atmosphere was pleasant and the service great. Our server Joy did a great job of making sure we had everything we needed without being an annoyance. We both agreed that Joy was a joy. The meal was excellent and I would highly recommend Lucia's.

Minnesota
“Once Again - Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've been to Lucia's as a couple and as members of a large group. But no matter how many of us there are, service has always been near perfect, as is the food. Each time we go to Lucia's I wonder of one of the 3 entrees will appeal to me. But once again, the issue is which will I choose! Tonight, the dinner choices were a crispy polenta and salad, a chili-spiced chicken with an apparent Mexican twist, and a sea bass with buerre blanc. After wonderful cups of a slightly sour tomato soup and house-baked breads, my husband had the polenta, which was very light but also very filling. I ordered the sea bass, which was served with fingerling potatoes, snap peas, and green-topped carrots. We stopped just short of licking our plates! In fact, even the wonderful dessert tray couldn't tempt us. With 3 glasses of wine and taxes, our check was just under $100.