“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bombay Bistro

Bombay Bistro
820 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)
(612) 312-2800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #366 of 1,578 restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Opposite W Hotel Foshay Tower
Description: Bombay Bistro Where you find uncompromising, excellent food quality consistently prepared with passion & experience by our Chef Malti Mehta.
NY, NY
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Wandered around downtown on a Friday evening and walked into the Bistro because the aromas from the restaurant drew us in. There were many busy pubs/bars in the area but we wanted something quieter and less generic.

There were 3 wait staff on duty. We did not encounter any problems with service that night. The lady who took our order was very accommodating in customizing the meal for my mom who has never tried Indian food and does not eat anything spicy. We tried the chicken makhani and the chicken korma both of which were very tasty. A friend who has been to Mumbai and Bangalore ordered the paneer tikka masala and said it was pretty good despite it being a bit "Americanized" (i.e. sauce was too mild and smooth instead of thicker so that it can be more easily eaten with the naan). We saw several southeast Asian groups dining when we were there. We are not big eaters so the little sauce pan of meat or paneer that came with either rice or naan was filling enough for us.

We often try out Bangladeshi, Indian and Pakastani restaurants in New York (including Little India in Manhattan and Jackson Heights in Queens) so we were pleasantly surprised with the flavors at Bombay Bistro.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“My favorite Indian place when I visit Minneapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I travel to Minneapolis for business I always have to stop by Bombay Bistro. Not only does the wait staff always remember me but the food is excellent. Also they serve very generous pours for drinks as an added bonus!

Visited July 2013
Lumby, Canada
“Great for Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visited the Bombay Bistro twice during my stay in Minny. I enjoyed the quality Indian food which was delicious and plentiful. The restaurant is comfortable and relaxing; but not pretentious. Great value for prices. Watch out for the samosas they are about twice the size of those you would get elsewhere. One serving of two samosas is more than plenty for two. The vegetable Thali was great - the prawns in the curry I ordered were quite small; but that would be the only complaint I had. Good place for a lunch buffet or menu selections for dinner. Located near the Nicollet Mall and Target Field. Would recommend.

Visited June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, less good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have never seen a staff look so baffled by customers. At least the food is good and they had options for my vegan friend.

Visited June 2013
Canada
“Tried Indian elsewhere? You may be disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Service was ok, not overly great. Papadams were stale with limited options for chutney etc. Lamb vindaloo and rice were tasteless. I've definitely had better.

• Visited June 2013