“Everything excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lurcat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,578 restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Everything excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was here for a private reception. The servers were absolutely wonderful. Never had to wait for a request, and were present but not intrusive.
Food was absolutely wonderful. Wife had salmon, I had steak, daughter had chicken. All prepared perfectly.
Absolutely top notch in all aspects.

Visited September 2013

87% Recommend
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Some of the best cuisine in Minneapolis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I currently live in Milwaukee but come to visit my family in the Twin Cities on occasion. I've dined out with the family downtown plenty of times but Cafe Lurcat really left a lasting impact on me. While the dining room was loud and crowded, our server was still attentive to our needs.I personally got the steak tartare, king salmon, and the crepe cake which were all phenomenal. Everyone in my group was satisfied with their meal and was happy with the restaurant recommendation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spirit Lake, Idaho
“Wonderful place for an enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Food and wine selections were very nice. A great staff and reasonably priced. Decor was
Very pleasant

Visited July 2013
Gainesville, Georgia
“Very expensive, very big, very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were surprised at the very large capacity of this restaurant, and the very large prices accompanying it. TripAdvisor indicates that the prices range from $21-30, but in reality they are much higher. I don't recall any entrees less than $28, and all of the signature entrees are $38 or more. And that is just the entree! All sides, vegetables, salads, etc. are not included so that's an additional $10-20. Add a glass of wine and you really can't get a complete meal here for less than $60-75 per person. Hmmm - that's a lot of money so is the food worth it?

The food is very good but not extraordinary. I have eaten in restaurants all over the world and have visited many restaurants that offer a much better value for the same or better quality. We sampled the steak, sea bass, and prawn entrees, as well as several other dishes. The apple and manchego cheese salad was a standout - really excellent.

So why is this place so popular? I'm guessing people come for the large outdoor patio and bar menu, which is more reasonably priced. No matter how you view it though, this place is not for people on a budget.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Second best food in Minneapolis.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Lurcat's food is only second to 112 Eatery in Minneapolis. My wife and I both had the sea bass and found it amazing. I enjoyed the cole slaw also. The only areas I would mark it down was the service. Our meal took 3 hours and server did not pay much attention to us. Also the valet personnel wouldn't call us a cab, so we had to walk. The food is worth it though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere