“Love!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lurcat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,405 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great service, food and decor. I wish I could afford to go here all the time. Try their apple chive salad, hanger steak or basically anything on their appetizer menu. I've been trying to recreate their app burgers for years.

Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Lurcat-not quite fusion but art-inspired”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Cafe Lurcat/ Restaurant Lurcat are favorites of mine. The sea bass is memorable with its incredible miso glaze. It has you savoring the flavors & textures and nearly licking the plate. The roasted cauliflower is also delicious. I like the idea of the cuisine that mimics my understanding of Lurcat's art, not fusion but vibrant concepts juxtaposed to one another.

Visited June 2012
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great atmosphere, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We've eaten here a few times and the food is always fantastic. What I prefer most about this place however is the late-night drinks on the patio during the summer. It sits right across from Loring Park, which is an amazing stop for a great night, highly recommended.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great for Groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Cafe Lurcat is ideal for groups AND fine dining. Our table of nine was promptly seated at reservation time on a very busy Saturday night. Reservations a must. They do a daily happy hour in the bar, so stop there first if you want a $3 tap beer or $4 nice wine. It's not inexpensive considering everything is ala carte. I do think a $36 steak should come with a small side of veg and mashed potatoes. Everyone was happy with the food and service. I had the lamb with homemade egg noodles - excellent and we ordered sides for the table. The squash, beets and asparagus were very good, and the french fries were a hit with the guys. Next time, I'll try the halibut, and my friend said that her grilled salmon was another fine choice. Romantic ambience, quite dark, but I prefer candlelit spaces. Dear husband and I will have to return soon alone on Sunday nights when they do "date night" for $50: a bottle of wine, two entrees and a dessert. Lots of young women dining alone again - heads up young men - impress your date and take her to Lurcat!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
“Not my words, my clients said "best dinner ever!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have taken two groups of consultants attending a 2-day meeting at our office to dinner at Cafe Lurcat in the last month. One group said , "This is the best dinner, ever. Not just the best committee dinner here in the twin cities, but really, the best food I have ever had!"

• Visited November 2012