“Little part of tropical Cuba” 5 of 5 stars

612-827-8948
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,551 restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West 38th Street
Transit: We are on the corner of West 38th Street and Grand Ave South in Minneapolis. Both streets are major bus lines.
“Little part of tropical Cuba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Love this place. Food is great. I had Dia Y Noche and a tropical mimosa with mango juice. Excellent! Cuban music was playing in the background. Servers are super nice and not overbearing. Megan was great. I came here first time on a blind date with my now boyfriend and has been returning ever since. Be prepared to wait anywhere between 10-30 min as this place is always busy.

88% Recommend
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

A very quaint and authentic restaurant in a neighborhood of Minneapolis. The staff are excellent and friendly, and the restaurant itself is suitable for families. I would say the friendly staff contribute to the warmth of this cosy establishment.
The food is authentic and delicious, however I found it very filling and heavy. Perhaps we ordered too much food, we started with excellent empanadas and each had a meat dish. Really after the empanadas we could have ordered only one dish as the portions are extremely generous. We also ordered a delicious salad, but were not told that this also comes on our plate of food, so this seemed to be duplicated.
I would highly recommend this lovely restaurant, but perhaps others have a much bigger appetite than I do, we wasted a lot of food as there was so much. Loved the Rooibos tea which was served as a latte.. All in all I highly recommend Victors

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Last night was my first visit to Victor's. I can only say that I will be returning to little cafe with big flavors! The food was outstanding in flavor and fresh ingredients make this Cuban Cafe a hit! The staff is friendly, informative and attentive. Thank-you for a lovely date night with my husband,

People check out this little diamond in the rough! You won't regret your dining experience!

Minneapolis
“Cool clunky and popular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This small quirky space is fun to visit and very popular too; you can't call in a reservation but it's a pretty good corner for loitering while you wait. The booths and chairs have apparently shrunk over time so, with a low ceiling too, it's cozy, even densely packed - a feel heightened by the fact that every available inch of wall and beam space is inscribed with guests' names, proclamations, and other proofs of presence. I enjoy this sort of feel and focus, but if any more people were waiting by the counter, I would've felt claustrophobic. I wasn't as over-the-top dazzled by the food as others were, but we went there for breakfast, which for me is something to accompany coffee (I expected Cuban eggs to be - I don't know - more revolutionary or bold or something; they were good but not a taste revelation). But I did like my food, had a good time, and will go again for sure (but before 9 .a.m on a weekend when the line begins to form).

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Minot, North Dakota
“Putting the latin flavor in Minneapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you are looking for a place to eat some real caribbean food and have a good time, then I suggest you go to Victor's 1959 Cafe. Based on the cuban history and tradition, this place bring you what caribbean food really means. I went here with my girlfriend, and we really have a good time. The food is great, the people and the service is amazing.