“Good food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen
80 South 9th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)
+1 612-332-4700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 1,622 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Join your friends for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Drinks at Hell's Kitchen, an award-winning, chef-owned restaurant with unique but not fancy, interesting but not fussy damn good food. And don't miss The Minnesota Room, which celebrates Minnesota's wonders, richness, playfulness and curiosities in a most unusual way.
New Delhi, India
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had Booking with them so we did not had to wait
I love the theme and decor, and the staff was all super amazing. The experience was fantastic
We came here for dinner, and the food was good, but not outstanding
The decor was super cool...lots of blacks, reds..

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pat-HellsKitchen, Director of Sales at Hell's Kitchen, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit. I'm very happy to read that much of your experience with us was positive but I'd sure like to see if we can convince you to give us another try to see if we can provide with a meal that will meet your expectations. Please feel free to email me at pat@hellskitcheninc.com if you might be willing to join us again.

Pat

Anchorage, AK
“Double check your order”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Ordered a 1/2 sandwich and salad with a cup of soup to go. Was told I would have to wait 25 minutes for the order, which was okay, but it ended up being a much longer wait. Anticipating a good basic meal, when I got back to my hotel, I discovered they forgot my sandwich and salad dressing. Ended up paying $17.00 for 4 ounces of soup and lettuce.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hello Ann: I so very sorry we treated you inappropriately during your recent visit. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it's always disappointing when we learn we have an unhappy customer. I don't know if you are still in town but if you are please send me an email at pat@hellskitcheninc.com and I'd be happy to have you join us as our guest.

Thank you for your candor.

Pat
Eugene, OR
“great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

good menu, cool decor. Had a BTL and sweet potato fries which were both excellent. A large screen was playing old gangster black and while movies with no sound.

Visited September 2013
Pat-HellsKitchen, Director of Sales at Hell's Kitchen, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Eugene, Oregon! (Home of the awesome Oregon Ducks - my second fav football team behind our own Golden Gophers). Thanks so much for joining us Sunday and for writing such a kind review! Pleeeeease come back sometime!
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Great breakfast and dessert with an awesome theme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came here on the suggestion of our carriage driver from the Hitching Company, who gave it a shining recommendation. He made a good choice!

The place is pretty easy to spot when driving by it, and there is parking immediately next to it. The elevators from the parking ramp descend right into the venue, which is pretty handy. The venue itself is exquisitely decorated in a dark, gothic red and black tone. The halls are filled with vintage furniture and the entire place has a creepy, hellish feel. Their ambience is very strong and unique.

The food itself was pretty good, if not a little pricey. Their desserts are fantastic though. I had a cupcake and my girlfriend tried a slice of pie and both were excellent. The service was pretty good. The hostess seemed a bit quiet, but our server was talkative and helpful about their drink and dessert options, as well as personable about the venue and our questions. Their homemade marmalade and peanut butter were very good, and I'd highly recommend asking for some to be brought to your table to try out.

Overall, this was a great place to try out. Despite the name, it's pretty family friendly, and has nothing to do with the reality TV show. The menus are full of history of the venue and everything has a personal and caring touch. It seems evident that management is involved and really wants to make sure things succeed. I'd highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Pat-HellsKitchen, Director of Sales at Hell's Kitchen, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
A big THANK YOU to Wausau, Wisconsin!! Thank you so much for your kind review and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Hell! Please come back next time you're in town!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had breakfast at Hell's Kitchen this morning and I am so glad I did! The service staff was wonderful and the food was fabulous. You MUST try the Lemon Ricotta Hotcakes and the peanut butter! I hope to make it back to try dinner too - my server told me they have Kangaroo on the dinner menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hey there Caitlin M: A big WOW WOW to you too!! Thanks so much for your incredibly kind review and it's awesome that you had a great time with us ... and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come back for our kangaroo ... our roo has been known to make some people a bit "jumpy" :)