“Excellent - If you like meat!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manny's Steakhouse

Manny's Steakhouse
825 Marquette Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)
612-339-9900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Manny's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,405 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: S 8th St - Foshay Tower
St. Paul
“Excellent - If you like meat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant is about its meat. The cuts are large, the meat is good quality and front and center. The service is excellent. All in all, not bad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Great way to experience this very nice restaurant without spending outrageous amount of money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My dining companion and ended up enjoying Sunday brunch by chance rather than a plan and we are glad we did. Manny's offers a brunch menu on the weekend that offers both breakfast and lunch choices. I had an omelet with a side of fruit and my companion had steak and eggs. The fruit cup had a variety of fruits including strawberries, cantelope, blueberries, blackberries, rasberry, pineapple. I was very impressed. Frequently when you order fruit you just get a couple of slices of melon and a strawberry. My omelot was good too but not as good as my friends steak and eggs. Manny's is a steak place and you could definately tell that when you took a bite of the perfectly cooked succulent piece of meat. He had a side of potatoes that he liked as well. I don't know if it was because we were hungry but we even thought the toast was flavorful. I had rye he had wheat. We ate in the dining room that included white table cloths. The feel of the restaruant is expensive but brunch really gives you the opportunity to go there and try some food and enjoy the ambiance for a fraction of what you would normally pay. The service was supurb as well. We will definately be going back again soon.

• Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida
“One of the BEST Steaks I've Had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

In town on business and came here on a week night with a colleague. This place was packed and we arrived without a reservation. The host was doing his best to accomodate us at a table, but an opening came up at the bar and we more than willing to sit there. Especially, since they had the Ray's & Yankees on the tv! :-) The ambience in the bar was great. Everyone was just so friendly...we felt like we were locals! I couldn't decide between ordering the bone in rib eye or the 65 day aged bone in NY, so I asked the bartender. He said he'd go with the rib eye, so I did and it was HUGE & DELICIOUS! I ate all of it! My buddy had the NY and he said it's one of his top 10 meals! The sides are huge. When we each ordered our own baked potato...the bartender commented that we could probably split it...and I'm glad we did. We also shared a side of the mushrooms. The food and the service was fantastic! I'm looking for any excuse to fly back, so I can dine here again!

Hong Kong, China
“Come here for lunch if you want to save money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The NY strip is awesome. The vegetable soup is slightly salty. A great dining experience overall. Lunch menu costs less.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Steakhouse in Minneapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When I want a premium steak, Manny's is my go-to restaurant in Minneapolis. This is a carnival of meat. The servers wheel carts of oversized cuts to your table, and engage in a jovial banter while hoisting the delectable cuts of beef. This is purely show and is a bit campy, but it's part of the ambiance. The atmosphere is what you'd expect from a throwback steakhouse ... comfortable seats, and attentive and knowledgable wait staff. Not your destination if you're seeking a healthy dinner ... but if you are looking to satisfy a hankering for a thick-cut steak cooked to perfection, then Manny's should be your restaurant of choice.