“Great ambience and food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: Zelo celebrates fresh food, with influences from Italy and the Mediterranean to Asia and beyond. This downtown Minneapolis institution sets for itself high standards, and compliments its menu with exceptional hospitality and a one-of-a-kind atmosphere. Using fresh food from local sources and original recipes made from scratch, Zelo is inspired by the food - making it authentic and approachable, feeding customers' increasing desire to experience, learn and discover.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Great ambience and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a great dinner while @ Mnpls in Oct. We were a group of 5, and we got good seats right next to the large windows, with a view to the street outside. The host was very helpfull in helping us decide. And his suggestions were bang on target. The restaurant does get noisy later in the evening, but that just shows its popularity. I would love to go there on my next v isit to Mnpls again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“Alway a good bet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I go to this restaurant at least once every time I am in Minneapolis. This time I took a friend who turned out to be very fussy about her food. She sent one dish back because she smelled garlic and berated the waiter for not letting her know that it would contain the ingredient. The waiter handled the complaint with the most professional demeanor and went out of his way to attempt to please my friend. The flatbread the we did eat was really wonderful and the desserts were outstanding. My only disappointment was the lack of risotto on the menu that evening. It is my must have. I would continue to recommend this outstanding restaurant.

Visited November 2012
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Good downtown restuarant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good food and close to downtown. Within walking distance to many downtown attractions. Food is wonderful and the service is great.

Visited November 2012
Valdosta, Georgia
“A Must...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Zelo was recommended to me by my hotel. The location was good and the food was excellent! A nice wine list, either by the bottle or glass. The parmesean encusted shripm with lemon aioli was great and the farro risotto with duck panceta was out of the park! The service was friendly and efficient and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Will definitiely come back here next time I am in the Twin Cities.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Excellent Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Took a colleague to dinner. The restaurant reminded me of a classic restaurant in Chicago and that's a compliment. My colleague had a pasta dish that was beautifully seasoned with a nice creamy red sauce. I had Salmon with Italian vegetables. Nice atmosphere and good food!

Visited October 2012