“Great place to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #136 of 1,622 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
North Dakota
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I love to eat here. The burgers are very good in the fries taste just like McDonalds. I think they have something going right if their fries taste just like McDonalds. There's a reason why are they are rated one of the top places to eat a burger in the Twin Cities. The burgers tasted great when I ate there. the only reason I'm rating this restaurant a 4 is because they don't have ice in the water I just find that to be bad customer service. Besides that it's a great place to eat and I definitely recommend it.

“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stopped here due to my husband thinking it looked great on Man vs. Food. We had a Juicy Lucy, hamburger, chicken sandwich, and fries. Everything had really good flavor but the boys complained the burgers were small. The chicken was surprisingly wonderful. Very small bar with a very small wonderful menu - what they make is great!

Visited June 2014
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Great Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

It is no surprise I wanted to try Matt's Bar because of Man vs. Food and it did not disappoint. The Jucy Lucy was not disappointing and the staff was very friendly to us. I would definitely recommend this place to someone who wants a good burger. The place is kind of a dive and you can't expect much except great food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
“The Best Juicy Lucy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This by far is the best Juicy Lucy in the twin cities. We always get hot food and the burgers are awesome. You may have to wait but it's worth it. The staff always work hard. We even bring burgers home for the next day.
Keep up the good work and we'll be back soon.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orange County, California
“not overly impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were in town without a car but our search for a Jucy led us to check out the bus system. We found it clean and easy to use to get around and with a mobile ap it was EASY. So we headed out to Matt's. It's very unassuming in the middle of a neighborhood. Classic dive bar ambiance inside (which I liked). Good service. Good and plentiful fries. Decedent prices, especially on beer. But the burgers, well, I hate to say this, but they really reminded me of a McDonald's hamburger. Both my husband and I felt this way. McDonalds with a batter quality meat but not too special. Glad we made the trek (albeit easy) to say we did it and not be left wondering but overall it was a disappointment.

• Visited May 2014