“First time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
801 Hennepin Ave, LaSalle Plaza, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1818 (Downtown)
612-692-9000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,619 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: Rich mahogany, sumptuous leather and cool marble set the stage for incomparable dining in the Hennepin Theatre District. Just blocks from the Target Center, you’ll finddry aged beef that’s always right on the mark. No wonder Zagat Survey wrote, “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day.”
lanex
“First time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Great dinner and service. Did not know there where a number of these. Will be on the outlook during travels

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Le Sueur
“A little taste of heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was my second time at Capital Grille, the first time was Restaurant Week, both times I was extremely pleased with the service, staff and food. The staff is attentive & friendly, our water glasses were never empty, the staff knew the menu and was answer all of our questions. This time both my daughter and myself had the $18 lunch special...which was mouth watering. I rarely eat steak in a restaurant, but this was tender and cooked exactly how I had asked. The lunch special was large enough to take home, they even boxed our leftover bread. Did I mention that they bring warm rolls and flat bread to the table? It is a little on the spendy side, but I find the lunch menu to be reasonable.
The atmosphere is warm and classic. I can't wait to go back, it was one of the best meals I have ever had!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, ambiance and drinks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed this classic steak house restaurant. With a dark ambiance, good noise, prompt service, well concocted drinks and most of all wonderful steak, I was extremely pleased with my dining experience here (and it was a monday!). Despite prior comments, I really enjoyed the Kona-crusted steak. I thought the flavours worked well together. That said, there are plenty of traditional, non-rubbed steaks to chose from. My dining partners enjoyed the filet mignon (which was as-is). For a chain steak house, I was well pleased and thus would strongly recommend this spot for those seeking a steak house in central downtown Minneapolis.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Taste killer....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Why to make complicate and mix product that don't match ? Just to be "in" and sell them $40+ ??
I have been really disappointed trying to eat there. I choose the "Bone-In Kona Crusted Dry Aged Sirloin with Shallot Butter" and expected to have tender meat that you don't need a knife to cut... What i get was far from this, a piece of meat coated with crunchy kind of unknown spices. Tasteless meat that if it wasn't red I will have though I was eating a pork chop... Shallot butter was weird and so intense that it killed the rescaped meat taste....
A fact: I won't go back....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Joplin, MO
“Classy joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

First time at a Capital Grille, and while it was very nice, I doubt I'd go back. Steaks were very good, and all the sides were delicious. Wine selection was overwhelming, but the wait staff was superb in their recommendations. Great place for an anniversary celebration, very intimate setting. Try it once. Prices are comparable to the way politicians speak of themselves.

• Visited June 2013