“Wow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
801 Hennepin Ave, LaSalle Plaza, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1818 (Downtown)
612-692-9000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,584 restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: Rich mahogany, sumptuous leather and cool marble set the stage for incomparable dining in the Hennepin Theatre District. Just blocks from the Target Center, you’ll finddry aged beef that’s always right on the mark. No wonder Zagat Survey wrote, “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day.”
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm not a huge steakhouse fan, but restaurant week in Mpls and Capital Grill had a great offer. After seeing their posted, menu, I grabbed the one time slot they had left: a 5:15 reservation on a Monday night. Dear husband and I didn't eat lunch, so we were very much ready for the clam chowder, Caesar salad, 14 oz. dry rub Wagu beef sirloin, excellent bread, chocolate torte and creme caramel. Service is over-the-top superb without being snobbish. I've never been asked if I wanted regular olives or bleu cheese stuffed olives with my martini! Everything was perfectly cooked and my husband's soup piping hot. Lovely, quiet atmosphere even the the house was full.

Nice touch ladies: if they see you wearing black, they ask if you'd prefer a black linen napkin vs. white.

92% Recommend
minneapolis
“Capital Grille Defines Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Capital Grille is to steak restaurants what Disney is to theme parks.. at your service. Want pea soup? Call them two days in advance and they will make sure it is there for you. They do whatever they can in their power to make your dining experience excellent. Food's great too. Good business lunch location as it is never too loud (and I'm sensitive to noise).

Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hands Down, Best Steak and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiance and I have been wanting to try this place for some time and finally made it for his birthday. We couldn't get a reservation until 8:45, but we arrived closer to 7ish, knowing and not minding to wait in the bar. We ordered a bottle of wine and appetizer while we waited for our table. We had two servers helping us in the bar, and they were very prompt and accomidating to tranfer our bill to our table (though we still tipped them). Our table became ready by close to 8, which was surprising, so we moved into the dining room. Our server was friendly, but not pushy or dis-genuine, and she immediately knew we were there to enjoy ourselves, not sit, eat and leave. She left us with the menus and checked in every now and then to see if we were ready to order. She made a few recommendations for us, which were excellent. We each had a starter salad, steak, and shared a side of green beans. My fiance got the dry aged rib eye with the Kona rub, and I got the fillet with the porchinni rub. Both were out of this world amazing. They were expertly cooked. I've never had a steak so perfect! I preferred the Kona rub to the porchinni, but both were excellent! For dessert, I ordered the flourless chocolate cake, which was out of this world. Since we were celebrating my fiance's birthday, they brought him a creme brulee on the house. We were asking our server about the dry age process, and as were were leaving, she gave us a quick tour through the kitchen to where they dry age the beef. That was really unexpected and quite the learning experience.

While the meal was pricey (we did order two bottles of nice wine and after dinner drinks as well), it was well worth the price tag. We will certainly be back, and I wouldn't think of another place in the Twin Cities to go for steak.

Minneapolis, MN
“Fantastic lunch with Valentine's treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I went here for Valentine's day lunch. It was fantastic. I had the beef tenderloin filet with onions and mushrooms and loved it! My husband had the scallops that were big and delicious. We had the sides of butternut squash and green beans that were very tasty and a nice compliment to the meal. Berries with cream and an added chocolate ice cream to the top, couldn't be better. A rose and truffles for Valentine's day we're added as welling the house.

Great service and attentive and helpful wait staff.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Calamari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband wanted a steak for dinner. With several steakhouses in downtown Minneapolis, I picked this restaurant based on the online menu which included the "Pan Fried Calamari With Hot Cherry Peppers" appetizer and of course a good selection of steaks. The food did not disappoint - served at a perfect temperature, cooked just as requested. The service was a bit disappointing - our waiter started out strong (checking in just often enough to let us know he was engaged) however, towards the end of the evening the service fell apart. This would have been a 5 star visit sans the service drop.