“Best Place to Eat in the Twin Cities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
801 Hennepin Ave, LaSalle Plaza, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1818 (Downtown)
612-692-9000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,585 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: Rich mahogany, sumptuous leather and cool marble set the stage for incomparable dining in the Hennepin Theatre District. Just blocks from the Target Center, you’ll finddry aged beef that’s always right on the mark. No wonder Zagat Survey wrote, “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day.”
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Best Place to Eat in the Twin Cities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Wonderful food and a gracious and attentive staff contribute to this making it to the top of my list. Pricey but worth it. I have never had one item that I did not love.

• Visited December 2012

92% Recommend
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best Experience in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have read a couple of the reviews on here already and I believe this is one of the best, if not the best place in Minneapolis to have outstanding food and great service. My fiance and I went to celebrate our engagement and I cannot begin to say how great of an experience we had. The minute we entered the door until the time we left the service was first class. All of the staff was extremely helpful and nice, the food was the best I've ever had, and the experience was one I won't forget. Because of a slight mixup, we did not receive a bottle of champagne that was supposed to be a surprise; however, after we had left, the manager Christian, delivered a bottle of champagne to my fiance and I at another bar we had stopped at for a drink. Bottom line, this restaurant went way above expectations. So, I would like to give a special thanks to Christian the manager, Clare who I believe was the hostess and who I had been talking to on the phone, and Teresa (sorry about spelling!) who was the best server ever!!! Thank you!

• Visited December 2012
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
“The trifecta...Great food, great service, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We are foodies and cooks ourselves, but continually go to Capital Grille for a great meal out. Worth every penny! The staff are top notch and know the food and how to make your evening exceptional through flawless white tablecloth service. The steaks and cocktails are always perfectly done. A couple of our favorites are the steak tartar and lobster bisque. Fantastic wine selection too. A place to relax and enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Been here several times now, always for a business lunch during the weekday. Very good food, polite staff who keeps out of your way.

Visited November 2012
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
“WOW - Best steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The title says it all, The best steak we have eaten. It came out med. rare just like we ordered, Alot of places over cook it, this was perfect. The flavor was mouthwatering, and we enjoyed every bit, We sarted off with calamari that was good, the dipping sauce was spicy and very good.
The prices are a bit high but worth the additional expense compared to other steakhouses. So go splurge on yourself - you desire it.

• Visited September 2012