“Great Burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 1,596 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Handcrafted burgers. And a whole lot more. Providing a sophisticated twist on the classic neighborhood tavern, Red Cow celebrates finely crafted eats and drinks with a focus on gourmet burgers, craft beers, and fine wine.
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Excellent spot for tasty, unusual burgers together with hot hand cut fries. also offers elk, bison burgers. Very good service and like the water carafe on the table. Parking at lunch is very limited, after 6 PM can park in bakery lot. Red wine list could use a house red blend at reasonable price. I paid as much for a glass of wine almost as my burger.

• Visited April 2014

Rosemount, Minnesota
“Burger State of Mind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Yeah I'm out that Brooklyn, now I'm down in Edina, Right next to Drew Ave., and I'll be a foodie forever... That's right, I'm in a burger state of mind (which is nothing like an Empire State of mind) thanks to a downright outstanding burger called the Manhattan 2.0 and found at one of my favorite places, Red Cow.

Jay-Z has no clue what Red Cow is or even where Edina is located and most likely, neither does the world famous butcher Pat Lafrieda. That's find and dandy, because I know where it is and so do plenty of others based on how packed this place is every time my wife and I pay them a visit. So, what's this whole Manhattan 2.0 all about? Well, here ya go! Starts with 7oz.'s of angus by New York's world famous butcher Pat Lafrieda, follow that up with bacon confit, top it with gruyere cheese and arugula, add their amazing dried cherry-red wine reduction and place all of the deliciousness between a pretzel bun. Really!?

This burger will make you feel brand new and in fact it's my favorit burger so far on the entire menu at Red Cow and my second favorite burger hands down. That's not even a bad thing either, but competing with my favorite, the Icehouse Burger from Icehouse Minneapolis which is prepared with seared foie gras and truffle bordelaise is hard to compete with.

My wife decided to go with the Chicken Sandwich, prepared with pulled slow-roasted chicken, avocado cream, bacon, lettuce, tomato and cilantro lime aioli on a french baguette. I've had plenty of chicken sandwiches in my time, but this one is a keeper! I don't like tomatoes and not the biggest fan of anything to do with avocado, and if my wife wasn't hungry, I would have devoured both meals! What an awesome chicken sandwich and a must try.

I've been in contact with Luke, Red Cow's owner on several occainsons to discuss my blogs and we finally got to meet each other during this last trip which was on Valentine's Day. He was kind enough to buy us our first round and thanked me for my reviews and thanked both of us for our continued support of his culinary adventure. Lets hear it for Red Cow, Red Cow, Red Cow...

As always, start you dinner off with their home made chips and onion dip, you can thank me later!

Minnesota
“Better red than...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Here's what we liked: Great appetizers (we had the cheese curds and ahi tuna). Fish n chips were very good, as was the Buffalo Burger. Patty Melt was above average, but not grand. Excellent beer selection.
Here's what I didn't like: While the beer selection is very good (and the wine also), some of the beer comes in 12 ounce glasses and some in pint (16 oz) glasses. I understand the thinking is the higher ABV should be in a smaller glass, but don't charge me the same price. I'm an adult, I can figure out that a 9% ABV is strong. You give me Surly Furious at 6.2% in a Pint glass and that's .992 (.067 x 16 oz). You give me a 7% ABV in a 12 oz glass and that's .07 X 12 = .840. Which one gets me drunker? The pint glass obviously. It shouldn't be in a 12 oz glass unless it's above 8.3% ABV. Otherwise it's a ripoff.

Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great neighborhood burger place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Red Cow is a really good neighborhood burger place that has a wide variety of "Burgers", great appetizers and a ton of beers on tap. Consistently good food and service and a great happy hour to boot. GREAT buffalo wings- fyi.

“Very VERY Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

First time here. It was an hour wait on a Saturday night and the place seems overly noisy but once we sat the service was good and the meals were good. Great burgers and fries. Had an ahi tuna appetizer that was awesome. The wine prices weren't too bad and my burger was done perfect. I had the 60/40 burger which is 40% bacon so what's not to love. Good fries. Also had the sweet potato fries that were excellent. Only complaint was loud. Will definitely be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere