“Golden circle or golden shower?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 114 attractions in Minneapolis
Type: Dinner Theaters
Attraction Details
saint paul
“Golden circle or golden shower?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, I bought this murder dinner from living social for my 5 year wedding anniversary. I was told the actors would incorporate the anniversary into the show if I bought the golden circle. I feel it was a bait and switch situation also because once they knew that date was my anniversary there was no standard regular seating there was none of that left. They also said the so called golden circle was front of stage premium seating. They said we would be more involved in the show. It was all lies. No one even said happy anniversary. We were seated in a room with everyone there was no stage. Actually, the couple across from us had standard seating and had a better view than us. Our backs seemed to always to the actors. There was nothing, absolutely nothing special about the golden shower or circle I felt robbed of my money.

The show wasn't good but I didn't expect it to be so wasn't disappointed. I thought it would be a fun cheesy show. But there were so many things wrong.

The food was very gross. The first course was iceberg lettuce. The second coarse was fettuccine Alfredo chicken my husband had and a spaghetti and a large sausage that I had. Our table of 10 (squeezed in tight) asked for some bread with our pasta dishes and we were told we wont get it until everyone is given there main course. so by the time we got the bread 20-30 minutes later our food was almost gone or really cold. overall The food was cafeteria quality. The sausage was the only thing I thought was above average. The dessert was insulting which included one tiny scoup like one tablespoon of really nasty green colored ice cream straight out of a school cafeteria and it was almost completely melted. Gross. I will never eat at the spaghetti factory that's for sure. No thanks!

One thing I liked was the building. It really was beautiful inside. Too bad the food sucks or I would like to have a nice dinner here.

Visited April 2013

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Save your money and your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was our first experience with something like this. Our friends took us as their guests. There was a big mix up on our meal and at first they said we didn't get any meal. Then they gave us a big round around. They made us feel like we were in the wrong and it was very embarassing. We were in the back in the room. They did most of the "acting" if you could call it that in the front part of the room. It was difficult to understand what was going on. It was called Crime and PUN-ishment. There wasn't any puns. It wasn't really funny. Even the people that were out of the audience were confused on what they should be doing. They really didn't give us what we needed to solve the crime either. I felt bad for our friends spending so much money on us and it was a slop. They need to have less people and move all around and engage everyone. It was so crowded we couldn't even get to talk to the suspects to get the information we need. You think when there is a mix up the professional thing for them to do was apologize and try to make it right and give excellent customer service. They did not. They kept trying to blame us and make us feel bad. Save your money..this was is not worth it. The portions were also very small. Good thing we filled up on bread! Also, they took our email address to send us pictures that their photographer was taking all night. Its been a week later and no pictures. Not that we would have been in them anyway. The only time an actor came to us is when the singer wanted us to be her fan club. She said every time we heard her we should cheer. So, we thought great! They will say it a lot and we will be her cheering club. Nope..we only got to cheer once. The actor was a nice girl and talking to her for the 1 minute was probably our highlight of the night.

Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
“Don't waste your money OR your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was a HUGE disappointment to me. I spent $240 to be told what I was having for dinner. When I purchased the tickets online, I waited to get the option to choose my food. That option never came. I received a confirmation email immediately which told me I would be getting another email prior to the show. I "assumed" that this email would be enquiring as to our meals. I never received another email. When we arrived at the "show" (more of that later), we were told that our meals were not picked so therefore we had to have XYZ. After talking to the rude hostess for 5 minutes she shoved us away and told us to take it up with our waiter. When our waiter arrived, he apologized profusely and stated "I'm not trying to not take responsibility here, but we work for the restaurant, not the company doing the show. We were told to just count cards. Could you please go back out and talk to the hostess?" Which was WONDERFULLY handled. Kudos to you Old Spaghetti Factory for employing professional staff. We went back to the hostess who was obviously annoyed by the fact that we were back and reluctantly gave us our cards for our meal choices, but not without a huge sigh to go with it.

We went back to our table, which was located in the back of the room, next to another table that was so close, once you sat down, you were not getting back up. I felt like we were being herded like cattle. The room was packed with people.

Show? What show? I'm with the previous reviewer that there was no show here. Honestly, I cannot tell you what was even going on. We were told to interview the suspects and while doing this, we were pushed around, shoved aside and at one point while we were talking to one "suspect", someone walked through the middle of us and hit the poor gal in the face with a folder. At that point we decided to just sit down at our tables and have our food (which consisted of a small salad, a small plate of pasta and one tiny scoop of ice cream for dessert).

All in all, this is a complete waste of time and I feel as though I have been had. I paid $240 to be told what I was eating for dinner, get herded like cattle and then be rudely pushed and shoved around because the place was so packed. I am not one to complain about things and I'm very careful what I put on my reviews (please see all of my reviews if you need verification), but this is such a scam, I don't even know how this place is still in business.

I did email the company the Monday after the show with my concerns and did not receive an email in return. It is now Friday. I will add poor customer service to my list.

Do not, I repeat, do not waste your money on this "show". You will be sorely disappointed. I have attended the murder mystery dinner held by another local company (The Murder Mystery Cafe) and I highly recommend them. We had a WONDERFUL time at that one. This one wouldn't even get 1 star, but I had to click on something.

Visited February 2013