“Lovely view. ” 4 of 5 stars

612-455-6690
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 1,450 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Lovely view. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at the Union Restaurant after it was recommended by our concierge. The dining room, upstairs, has glass walls and ceiling.. So the view is really fun. I had French onion soup and a salad. Both very good. My husband had the filet. He enjoyed his as well! A fun time...The waiter was quite accommodating.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Glass Roof”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The glass roof is amazing, its really cool when it's cold outside and if feels like you are still outside. Food was amazing! Drinks were really good. We had a great girls night there - service was excellent

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok but not great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good location but with 2 other good seafood place around the corner the quality was not up to snuff. Hopefully they raise their game.
Wait staff was great. Cocktails were fantastic but the overall food quality was below par fo rthe price points.

Prescott, wi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was highly disappointed in this restaurant after thinking it would be a great place for an evening dinner. My biggest complaints would be the poor service and the food. Our server was not very friendly. She seemed annoyed when we asked questions about the menu. We ordered drinks first and the sodas were delivered relatively quickly. Our cocktails didn't arrive with the sodas though. She then took our order for appetizers. We didn't receive our cocktails until after we were finished eating the appetizers. She didn't do a good job coming back to check on if we needed anything. I will say the appetizers were good and would recommend the curried mussels. It was the main course in which was very disappointing. The petite filet was tough (cooked medium) and was extremely salty. The asparagus was overdone and shriveled up. The potato puffs were very good. I've had better steaks at Apple Bee's and that's not saying much.

I can say that the atmosphere is great and the rooftop bar is beautiful. They do a nice job with the décor and it's beautiful. I would maybe go back for appetizers and cocktails on the rooftop, but would expect slow service. I would never go back for a meal that was mediocre at best topped with poor service. I'm hoping she was just having a bad night and the service isn't consistently poor. With several rooftop bars and great food in the area, it is doubtful that I'll go back.

• Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Seafood market”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Not the best meal in the world. The atmosphere was great, Ahi was super, dessert was a huge miss, wine list was okay. There was hardly anyone at the bar and it took 10 minutes for someone to come ask me what I needed. I won't be running back to the seafood area, not sure if the actual dining area is better.