“Great idea. Poorly implemented. Better to stay away.” 1 of 5 stars

Minneapolis Airport, Terminal G, Minneapolis, MN
Improve this listing
Ranked #765 of 1,405 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
“Great idea. Poorly implemented. Better to stay away.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Just like this new technology excited me and lured me in to eat here, it will keep me away in the future.

Each place setting has its own iPad where you can browse the menu, order food and drink, surf the Internet and Che k your flight status.

Wow! Very cool you say? Here's the bad part and why I won't be back. You need to pay for everything at the time of your order. What this means is I can't order a drink now, then order an appetizer, then an entree and dessert without swiping my credit card each time I want to order something else. Whose dumb idea was that? If I want a second drink, swipe the card again? No thanks!

Along that same train of thought, I typically base my gratuity on the quality of service I've received. Since I'm not psychic, I don't know how good or bad the service will be. Too bad for the waiter. You may have gotten 25% which I often do. Instead, enjoy your measly 10%. You're lucky you got that. I probably would have given you less if I hadn't already tipped you.

To top it off, the woman seated next to me ordered something that they ran out of. Since it was paid for when she ordered, she has to deal with either getting a refund or settling up the differences depending upon what she orders instead. I guess the kitchen doesn't have the capability to remove something from the menu when they sell their last order.

Lastly, the services is just a bit too impersonal for me. I like the social aspect of interacting with my server as well as being able to inquire about different food and drink recommendations.

Oh well, this glorified vending machine at least provided some nourishment before hopping on the plane.

And don't forget to note that there is only one server for this huge restaurant. So if you expect personalized service, try getting some fast food at McDonald's where at least they are attentive to your needs.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Undercooked pork, 1 waitress!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a really, really bad gimmick. You have to order your meal on an iPad, so if you want dressing on the side, lime with your rum & diet, etc. you have to wait for the one waitress to see you and have time for you. I ordered the pork medallions as this was the only meal without carby potatoes. Well, the pork was undercooked and there were few veggies, mostly potatoes, and it was all soaked in a glaze. Seriously...this was $25.00!!! And on top of that the preset tip is 18% and although you can adjust it you have to.pay before you get your food. I cannot recommend this place at all. Stop trying to eliminate paying jobs and put people back to work!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Island, Nebraska
“A top contender for best airport food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

It's tucked away in a remote corner of the Minneapolis airport, the G-terminal, but the G definitely stands for good food! We were lucky to have disembarked right in front of the restaurant on one trip and now, this is our go-to place when we need a meal at the airport. I've had several fish dishes that were very good but the best offering is the charcuterie plate. A generous and varied melange if dried meats, cornichons, bread slices, mustard, and savory fruit compote, it is also a steal and will make you forget you are in an airport. They have a nice wine selection and it is fun to order off the iPads. Bon appetite!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fancy...but horrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is really a fancy new place where each table has his ipad.... really modern and nice place: you can surf on the Internet or play game while waiting fir your plane... and order food.... However don't do this, maybe the investment was so high they don't have anymore budget for good ingredients or chef ??
I wanted to taste a last real American steak before flying oversea and it was really bad.... Even if "medium rare" was specified on the iPad order, it came more than well done, unseasoned and kind of old taste :-(. .... Really disappointed and better to stop in the Mac Donald next time...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wausau
“Try it once and move on, or save your money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry but this was not good. they earned this poor rating. The tables were not as clean add i expect. In may cases you can see drink glad rings. The French onion soup lacked flavor, added salt the times and still could not bring it around. The French fries are equivalent to bag fries. Bag fries are the ones you find an hour down the road in your fast food bag. Fresh fries would have Ben nice.

• Visited April 2013