“Beautiful Rooms and Comfortable Beds” 4 of 5 stars

Oakwood at Symphony Place
1117 Marquette Ave S., Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Beautiful Rooms and Comfortable Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Please note, I was traveling for business and my boss and I shared a two-bedroom room during the 2008 RNC.

This two bedroom "apartment' had a kitchen, living room, two bathrooms (one off of the master bedroom which of course my boss got haha) and the other bathroom right outside of the second bedroom. Also, it had a washer and dryer. This was all we could have possibly needed for our stay.

They also have a great pool and a nice restaurant downstairs that has a wide variety of foods, including for those of us who prefer to eat on the healthy side.

This place must rent out to a lot of college students because we saw a lot of people moving in over the course of our stay however it was never a problem for elevators. We ESPECIALLY liked their rooftop pool/sauna. It gave a great view of the city and was just a nice place to hold meetings. GREAT Views even out of the nice size windows if you are above the 15th floor.

The desk staff downstairs was more than helpful.

The furniture was great and my bed was so comfortable with down-feather comforters that I was ready to move in by the end of our stay. Just gorgeous.

The location is great for downtown MN and gives you access to many clubs for after hours drinks or clubbing, whatever you prefer. The W hotel is not far down the road and has a great lounge. Highly recommend it. It's also a short walk to Target and many other stores and great outdoor restaurants. Including a great tapas spot that I can't remember the name of right now. Sorry! The concierge will be more than happy to assist you in finding whatever you need in a close walk!

I would definitely stay here again, no problem.

One note: Their business center is a joke. No ink, no paper....and extremely slow internet connection. I ended up just using my laptop in the room on their Ethernet cable and printing out the documents I needed at a kinkos up the street.

Parking: When staying here you are assigned a parking spot and it is free. Works well!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2006

- Poor maintenance
- Airconditioning a problem (have to fight to get it turned on, if at all - apartments get really hot starting in Spring)
- Elevators don't work half the time
- Short-staffed all the time
- Bad management (slow and shiftless)

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Oakwood at Symphony Place? Share your experiences!