Just returned from a business trip/long weekend in Minneapolis and we were impressed by this hotel. Service was friendly and "can do" even on the weekend. For example, on a Friday night we bought a pint of ice cream while out on a stroll. Upon returning to the hotel, we stopped and asked the concierge to send it to a freezer for us so we could retrieve it Saturday night. And it was done, quickly and with a smile. The next night, we called down to the desk after a late dinner and the ice cream was delivered to our room in under 10 minutes. This was typical of the service we got: what we asked for, no delays, no stupid questions or funny looks. Flawless.
We were not sure about Graves at first as we pegged it as just another W rip-off. It isn't. We were wrong. Graves out performs W both in service (above is just one example) and comfort. The bed was super comfy with higher quality linens than any W. The bath products included Hermes. No staff members we encountered were anything but friendly and helpful -- no cooler than thou attitude at all.
Graves obviously caters to business travelers as efficiency is evident everywhere and it is a quiet, fairly kid-free establishment with 2 bars. Hotel gives out complimentary FT, WSJ and NYT each morning in lobby. During the week, the rate was mid $200s. On the weekend, however, the hotel was a deal at $150 or so/nite. Cosmos, the restaurant, was very good: dinner included lobster risotto, Wagyu beef from Japan and other choices you'd expect in NYC or Chicago (Dinner for 2 with drinks was about $120). Breakfast not included with room and, as a result, mush tastier than in the road warrior joints we've stayed at (price range around $10-15).
Hotel is walking distance to all of downtown and also the rail to airport and, yes, the Mall of America. Art galleries and some restaurants required a cab ride. Overall, very fine hotel which pays attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Graves 601 Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Graves 601 Hotel