“Sometimes It's The Little Things” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Minneapolis Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 1st Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand) (Warehouse District)   |
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
St. Pete, FL
“Sometimes It's The Little Things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding at the hotel. We were first time visitors to Minneapolis. All in all, it was very nice. The location is fantastic: Right downtown across from Target Center, connected to the skyway, and with plenty of stores, restaurants and lounges nearby. The room was spacious, with contemporary furnishings and a large TV. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was always accommodating.

But there were several minor annoyances: As has been mentioned, you need to take two elevators to get to the rooms. The shower stall had no door, and the opening was so close to the shower head that we could not keep the water from spraying out onto the bathroom floor. Also there was no grab bar in the shower, which might be important to older people.

Wi-fi was $12.00 extra per day for the slowest speed, additional coffee modules for the in room coffee maker would have been charged for, and room service (Okay, I expect that to be expensive, and it was) charged a $2.00 "service fee" PLUS an 18% gratuity. Now mind you, this is a place that charges several hundred dollars a night for the room. I have stayed in plenty of inexpensive places where wi-fi is free, coffee is unlimited, and they throw in breakfast as well.

If these kind of things don't bother you, then I recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views in either direction.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
You're right, Michael—sometimes it really is the little things that make a big difference. You've left some excellent feedback about them, and I really appreciate your candor. Hopefully your next visit will be worth of five stars, but until then, thanks for taking the time to share your story.

Warm regards,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Al
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

our stay was uncomfortable because the bathroom sink drain was clogged, we asked that someone look at it but no follow up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

This is very disappointing, Dennis. We should have taken care of your drain in a more timely manner, and we'll look into it immediately. If you'd like to discuss this further, don't hesitate to reach out—we want to make this right.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The location is fantastic, literally right across the street from the Target Center and Target Field. There are some great shops and restaurants around. As for the hotel itself, it is very contemporary. I personally enjoy that type of decor and atmosphere but I can see how many prefer a more classic feel. I did have some trouble checking in, but as soon as I walked into my room I forgot about those troubles. Large room with great views of the downtown buildings, a television in the bathroom, and one of the best showers I've been in- with multiple jets hitting you at once. And once I hit the bed, I fell right to sleep; It was by far one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The elevator layout is a bit annoying. You have to change elevators each time to reach the first floor, but in a way this adds to the whole contemporary feel. The hotel didn't particularly do much to wow me, but I did enjoy my stay and would consider staying here again. I wouldn't make this your first choice however, there are certainly other decent alternatives in the area where you get more for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room- it frankly doesn't matter which side because one way you see the stadiums...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Beds this comfy almost guarantee a great night's sleep! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and we really appreciate your feedback. We hope to welcome you back next time you're in town!

Savage, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Clearly understaffed to handle check in. We were waiting in the street for valet parking 30 min. Then waiting in line at check in. They had just 2 folks working the counter while associates were walking around everywhere. Service was not consistent with the price. I will say we ate at Capitol grille and the service and food was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Richard, we wish that we had been able to check you in in a more timely manner. First impressions are lasting, and as such your frustration is completely understandable. We apologize, but we are confident that we can do better than this and hope to have another opportunity to demonstrate this in the future.

Management

Been to Loews Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Loews Minneapolis Hotel

Address: 601 1st Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Minneapolis > Warehouse District
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access
#3 Spa Hotel in Minneapolis
#5 Family Hotel in Minneapolis
#9 Luxury Hotel in Minneapolis
#11 Romantic Hotel in Minneapolis
#14 Business Hotel in Minneapolis
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Loews Minneapolis Hotel 4.5*
A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
Graves 601 Hotel Minneapolis
Minneapolis Graves 601 Hotel

If you own or manage Loews Minneapolis Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.