“Excellent downtown location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Minneapolis Hotel

You added Loews Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 1st Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand) (Warehouse District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Becker, Minnesota
“Excellent downtown location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here thru Priceline and really enjoyed it. Would not pay regular rates tho. Bed was super comfy an decor was artsy and minimalist. The elevator jog described by so many is not a big problem. Would stay here for a concert or twins game.

• Stayed August 2013
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for this great feedback! We always want our guests to have an enjoyable stay with us, so the fact that your bed was "super comfy" is music to our ears. Looking forward to seeing you back here soon.

Be well,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just stayed here over Labour weekend and I was super impressed. Booked using hotels.com and found this room for under $100. Wasn't sure what we would find for the $$ and some of the other reviews here, but loved our room (executive king).
I had requested a high floor and we got floor 20 (almost the top)
Loved the wood floors, the view, über modern bathrooms (now I want a tv in my bathroom) and the bed itself was very comfortable.
I saw a few negative comments before our stay, mostly about the practical nature of the rooms, so I just want to address them really quick...to begin with the plug sockets ARE few and far between but if you just pull the bedside table forward there are some behind there and easy enough to get to (minor inconvenience)
The room and bathroom is certainly very modern and some of those contemporary touches may not be appreciated by older clients. I loved it but I imagine my 70year old mother wouldn't have loved them all quite the same ;)
There were a few complaints about getting to the room (changing on floor 4) This really isn't an inconvenience (very easy) and really just allows the second, higher elevators to be guest only.

The location is amazing, right by the light rail (easiest way to get from the airport). Close to tons restaurants, bars and "niceride" bicycle stations.
In other cities this style hotel would be closer to $200. Added to that there is a Starbucks on the ground floor and a craft house bar right there too
I would certainly stay here again.... Thumbs up and thanks graves 601 for a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: We loved having a higher floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We're thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate you sticking up for us. Thanks for sharing some helpful tips for others to see online too. Anytime you find yourself in Minneapolis again, we'd love to welcome you back.

Savage
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The service is always excellent. The amenities outside of the rooms are excellent; workout area for example. The rooms are looking warn. Laminate is falling off furniture. Makes the room seem over pricedThe esppresso machines are an exercize in futulity and frustration. Instructions are missing afew steps and the one in 2008 does not work. We still enjoy the hotel but it is feeling it's age.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We're delighted that our team has always made you feel at home, John! However, we wish that your room had left you with a better impression. We'll keep your comments in mind for our future upgrades, so thanks for your candor. That said, we know we have what it takes to show you a five-star visit, and we hope to do just that very soon!

Regards,
Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I simply cannot find more great things to say about this hotel. I was planning a nice weekend for my fiancee and I in Minneapolis, and wanted to make sure that I got a nice hotel with a good location. It was quite cold when we went, and the connection to the skywalk made a HUGE difference for us. I skipped the valet parking and opted to find a garage a few blocks away instead and park there. It was also connected to the skywalk, but I managed to get lost up there, but that was my own fault.

I had requested a room as high as we could get for the same rate (a king size room) to avoid noise and get a better view. They accommodated us wonderfully, and got us on the highest floor they could without being in the penthouse. We got a gorgeous view of downtown from our room, and I was immediately awed when I entered the room. It was very large, very clean, and perfect for our weekend getaway. The bed was comfortable, towels were fresh, and the bathroom included a television, which I found quite funny. I did use it just so that I could say I did.

This has got to be one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed in. It is close to attractions in the area, attached to the skywalk, and also right next door to the Hard Rock, which I visited on my first evening in Minneapolis. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor for a great view and next to no noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We're honored you chose to stay with us Eddie, — congratulations on the engagement! It was our pleasure to provide you and your fiance with not only impressive accommodations, but a convenient location for easy travel while in Minneapolis. Glad to hear that the bed and towels were to your liking (and you got to take advantage of that bathroom television!). We appreciate all the kind words, and we hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you visit!

Cheers,
Management

Been to Loews Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!