“Hip, comfortable & reasonable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Minneapolis Hotel

You added Loews Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 1st Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand) (Warehouse District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Spirit Lake, Iowa
“Hip, comfortable & reasonable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

You can't go wrong here. There is not one thing to complain about. They do a fabulous job! Great location, comfortable beds, good service and excellent shower. Their rooms are hip, clean, fun decor and beyond comfortable. Keep up the great work Graves 601 Team!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
That's what we like to hear! Thanks so much, and come back and see us next time you're in Minneapolis!

Cheers,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Everything was great, as usual. Please add some outlets near the center bedside table for charging phone. Only one I can find is by the desk. Use my phone as alarm. Other than that little thing, excellent staff and property!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Excellent suggestion, Dean! We'll see what we can do about those outlets. in the meantime, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

All the best,
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I don't always have the highest opinion of Wyndham hotels, which have always been hotels where I've stayed more as a place to rest my head as opposed to a more aspirational brand where the hotel is part of the experience, but that was almost the opposite case with the Graves 601 Wyndham. This hotel is smack-dab downtown, across the street from the Target Center and within a few blocks of Target Field, but all the sports teams were either out of town or off-season during my stay, so the hotel was very quiet. The area mostly caters to the crowd that would be attending sports events, so there's a lot of sports bars and places like that, which is fine for me, but might not be some people's cups of tea.

The hotel itself was fine without really standing out. The lobby is sumptuous looking and reminded me of the Aria hotel in Vegas in its minimalist design, but the rooms themselves don't match that W-style look. They're more like classier Holiday Inn (or Wyndham) rooms, with peach colors and a big window (mine overlooking Target Field). My desk wasn't very comfortable, and outlets weren't always easy to find. I ended up doing most of my computer-based work in bed. Rooms were otherwise unmemorable. Service was fine at the front desk, but valet was wildly inconsistent, including points where I waited 15 or so minutes for my car before the valet stopped talking on his phone and went to go fetch my vehicle.

I also have to confess that I really dislike the layout of the hotel, which has the lobby on the bottom floor, conference rooms and public areas on the second and third floors, and then the restaurant (which was closed on one of the days of my stay for a very loud corporate function) on the fourth floor before the hotel block starts. The truly annoying thing is that the first block of elevators only goes to the fourth floor, so you have to take the elevator with your luggage from the first floor to the fourth floor, get off, walk around the restaurant, and then take another bank of elevators up to your room. Hotel also has no gift shop, just a Starbucks that isn't open late, so you're pretty stuck if you need something late at night.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if I was going to an event at Target Center or even at Target Field, but I would avoid otherwise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for reviewing us. Over the years, we have received some similar feedback regarding the layout of our hotel, and we agree that it may be a bit confusing for new guests. We'll try to make this clear upon their arrival, and we apologize if we fell short for you. We also apologize for the outlet placement in your room, and we will certainly discuss that with our team for future renovations. That said, we're delighted that you'd still like to return next time you're in the area, and we'd love to have you. Thank you once again, and we hope to show you a five-star visit during your next stay.

Best wishes,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Definitely try this hotel. Ask for executive floors. Close to the light rail. Near all restaurants. Wanted to try suites but all sold. Chic and comfortable public areas. Kevin at front desk was great.

• Stayed August 2013
Glad you found us, Felix! Kevin will be thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and the rest of our team will be, too. Thanks, and keep us in mind next time you're in town!

Cheers,
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

OK, so I was here for 2 nights on business. I brought my bathing suit because I was very sure they had a pool. NO, no pool. I had every intention of doing some laps, but this hotel did not deliver. It did, however, deliver on every other aspect of fabulousness. Once you get past the weird elevator area (go up 4 floors, exit the elevator, take 3 right hand turns to get to the guest elevators), the rest is all A-OK! The Cosmos restaurant has a great bar and great food, the rooms are pretty nice! I couldn't find one thing to complain about, even though my view wasn't the greatest! My bathroom was cool, the bed was comfortable, the pillow menu was pretty neat and the staff was amazing.

The hotel is located right across the street from the Target Center which I wish I could've attended the night prior to arriving...Twins vs. Indians...Good stuff. There are a lot of great restaurants around, the metro access is easy and WAY affordable and worth looking into.

All around, this is a great place to stay. I just wish there had been a pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We're sorry you weren't able to get in a few laps during your stay, but we're thrilled that you loved your visit! From our streamlined decor to our location, we're glad you felt at home. Thanks, and we'll see you next time you're in town!

All the best,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Lobby area is sparse,not comfortable to sit & wait for transportation.Desk clerk charged $250 to our room in advance for incidentals instead of not charging until we had used something. The rooms had 2 double beds..even Super 8 has 2 queen. The TV was very off center,so persons sitting in one of the 2 chairs could not see it. Coffee maker needed an enginering degree,And there were 2 cups,2 water glasses,2 wine glasses. However there was a TV ,and phone in toilet area,should it take longer than you expected & you need a movie & call for take out. There were however no towel racks or shelf space to put your night clothes while you are showering. Guess you could say not impressed.Entry doors not handicap friendly,and the "breakfast bar" just a stack of over priced pastries. Locaton though is wonderful if taking in an event at Target Center or Target Field.

Room Tip: be prepared for double beds, and more frills than function.Not much for view from the odd numbered r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
While we appreciate your candid feedback, we must apologize for the erroneous charge. We want to look into this immediately, so please give us a call if you'd like to discuss this further. We hope to speak with you soon.

Regards,
Management

Been to Loews Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!