601 Graves is a hip, modern hotel in downtown Minneapolis. It is across the street from Target Center, and we could see the Twins' baseball field from the room. Even on a warm, busy evening there was no street noise although we could hear people talking and laughing in the hallway as they returned to their rooms. The bed was very comfortable, and the linens were lush.They were the most comfortable we have ever slept on, and it's easy to see why the hotel has them available for sale. A room safe, iron, ironing board, minibar, robes and slippers were included along with complimentary access to a fast, working internet connection and a free morning paper. One of the hotel's selling points is the rain shower in each bathroom. Although it may not be the best idea in a nationwide drought, it was delightful. Our only complaint about the room was the "ambient lighting." For searching our suitcases or reading, we had to be sure that other lights were on. We did not go to the bar or restaurant, but they were busy and looked interesting. We opted instead for a pub next door where we could sit outside and enjoy the evening people-watching. The staff was helpful, especially when I made the reservation on the phone. As has been mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is expensive and the parking ($28 per day with in-and-out privileges) seems excessive. We did, however, thoroughly enjoy our stay and would be happy to return if we wanted a downtown location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 22-story high hotel with a history of excellence, Loews Minneapolis Hotel is located at the confluence of business, theatre, and entertainment districts. We are connected by Skyway to the entire shopping and business district.Our rooms are equipped with high tech-high fashion design with plasma TVs, hand crafted headboards, rain showers in bath - Opposite Target Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Minneapolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Graves 601 Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Graves 601 Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Graves 601 Hotel