“Beautiful hotel, but beware of the incidentals” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Minneapolis Hotel

You added Loews Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 1st Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand) (Warehouse District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful hotel, but beware of the incidentals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Rooms are modern and beautiful and remarkably quiet for a downtown location. Beds are extremely comfortable and the multi-head shower is fantastic! My only objection was the high cost of in-room Internet ($16 per day) and valet parking ($28) per day. There is no arrangement with the self parking garage adjacent to the property for in and out privileges, so the valet can actually be cheaper. This was not clear on the hotel website. Valet parking also comes with the warning that it can take 30 minutes to retrieve your car, but it rarely took more than 5-7 minutes to get it.

Room Tip: Find another place to park and use the free Internet in the common areas.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are truly in the perfect location to get some rest while still enjoying the fun that downtown has to offer.

You made some excellent points about the self parking garage. We're sorry that this was not more clear on our website. We will certainly pass your feedback on to the team so we can see how we can better communicate this. Thanks for your honesty. We hope to see you next time you're in Minneapolis!

gravesl601 Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The graves hotel is somewhere between a business hotel and a high-end boutique hotel. The decor is modern, but I wouldn't describe it as very opulent.

The location is good, near a mall/target centre.

There is a trendy bar on the 4th floor which gets quite busy on some nights and has a bit of the W Hotel feel to it.

I ordered the tuna tartare on during my last stay and it was pretty good, so I think the room service food there is good enough when required.

One plus here is that I found there to be low-noise from the corridors/other rooms, which for my needs is important in a hotel. Also I was not disturbed by housekeeping people in the morning or anything like that.

The main negative in day to day use is that the internet charge for 24 hours is $19.95 which is totally extortionate. Free internet in hotels is such a nice sweetener for guests, and this would really make a difference for many I believe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Sounds like you had a fabulous stay! You really can't beat our location, or our 4th floor bar. You made an excellent choice — the tuna tartare is one of my personal favorites as well. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our WiFi fees. We are looking to improve this in the future, so thanks for pointing this out. Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you next time you're in Minneapolis!

Best,
SOUTH DAKOTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This motel was right downtown Minneapolis close like3blocks ftom target field and various shoppibg looking forward to another stay great rooms

• Stayed July 2012
Patrick C, Gravesl601 Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thanks for staying with! We hope to see you back again soon.

Best,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night and had a great experience. From the moment we pulled up we were met with welcoming greetings and help with our luggage. The lobby is unique, modern and posh not to mention clean. The guy who checked us in was very nice and helpful. He asked us if we needed any dinner recommendations and he gave us a few options, one of which we accepted and loved it. We went to our room and my one minor complaint is the elevator situation. From the lobby you take one elevator and then switch elevators and walk past the lounge to get to the guest elevators. Not a deal breaker, I know it helps with safety and it's an older updated building. Our room was nice, clean. The bathroom even had a flat screen tv in it and the shower was nice. The bed and linens were soft and comfortable. My one suggestion is to offer one average size robe and one larger. My husband is 6'2 and it was humorously small on him. Overall, we loved our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm thrilled to hear that you all had such a pleasant stay! Thank you for sharing your story with fellow travelers. You left some fantastic information for them! Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

It's a very nice hotel in a pretty vibrant part of Minneapolis. Comfortable beds, nice decor, friendly staff - the usual things you'd expect from a good hotel. But what really impressed me was the customer service. I upgraded to the better shower (which is very worth it) and was a little disappointed to find that one of the shower heads was broken. Normally, this would not be a big deal, but I had paid extra specifically for the shower (the upgrade is only for the shower - everything else is the same) and so I told the front desk. The clerk apologized and said they'd have engineering look at it, which didn't help since we were leaving.

I filled out a survey they sent, giving them high marks for everything except the shower and the response, which still got decent-to-good marks. Within 2 days they shot me an email telling me they were refunding 50% of the cost of the room, which was well above and beyond what I'd ever expect (the upgrade costs something like 30 bucks). At most I'd have thought they'd comp me the upgrade, and wasn't even really expecting a full comp since 5 out of the 6 heads worked.

It's nice to see that in a business environment in which profit tends to be king, there are still some businesses out there that take customer service seriously. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Take the $30 upgrade for the better shower.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Charles,

We believe that fantastic customer service can transform a good stay into a luxurious one. I'm sorry that your shower heads were not fully functioning, but I'm thrilled that we could get this taken care of to your satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your story. We look forward to seeing you again.

Granite Falls, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent the night here after attending a concert at Target Field. Perfect location for anyone going to a Twins game or any other event at Target Field. They were very accomodating in getting us checked in quite early. Very nice hotel. Very comfortable beds and a fantastic shower with full body jets. Beautiful setting. Nice bar. Rooms are quite expensive but can be worth it depending on why you are staying there.

Room Tip: We did call in at 10am and ask to talk to the front desk about checking in early. Also you must val...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Yes, we're in the ideal location to access all the fun that Minneapolis has to offer! It's great to hear how happy you were with both your room and our staff. I'll be sure to pass this on to them! Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Glendale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice hotel, clean, comfy bed and nice staff... Room was a little on the smaller side. Great location but major downfall is the parking... $18 for public parking with a short walk or $28 for extremely busy valet parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us! It sounds like you had a lovely time here in Minneapolis. I'm sorry that you were disappointed in our parking situation. We are in a bustling area, and as such, parking can be difficult. We certainly do what we can to take that hassle out of your hands! Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you next time you're in town.

Graves 601 Team

Been to Loews Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!