“Perfect place to unwind!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Minneapolis Hotel

You added Loews Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 1st Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand) (Warehouse District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Suite Deal!
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Superior, Wisconsin
“Perfect place to unwind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I booked a corner king room at the Graves 601 to surprise my wife who was coming back from an international trip. I knew after a long day in the air, a great shower & comfy bed would be just what she needed!

After doing some searching, I came acrossed the Graves 601 property in Minneapolis. In looking at what they offered, I will be honest and say that the 5 headed shower is what sealed the deal for me. The prices were higher than I normally would like to pay but felt that my wife was entitled to this.

Upon checking in (which went really smoothly), I went up to my room to drop off my luggage. It is a little trip to get to your room (up one elevator to the 4th floor and then up a different set to your actual floor) but it really wasn't that bad. The room was great and had a great view of Target Field.

After trying out the 5 headed shower (which I had to force myself to get out of), I had to try out the bed. I am not sure which one I would have stayed in longer... they both were great!

My wife was arriving late at night and the valet had my car waiting for me when it was time for me to pick her up. When we returned, I let them know when I needed it again and the next morning it was waiting for me.

The service is top notch, the beds are great, the shower is awesome and I cannot wait for my next night at the Graves 601! Thanks!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
It's wonderful to hear from you. We always appreciate reading such thoughtful reviews. What a nice gesture for your wife to come back to a comfortable and luxurious hotel room! We don't mean to brag, but we are pretty proud of our beds. We truly enjoyed receiving your feedback and would love to welcome you back again any time.

Graves 601 Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We enjoyed a weekend getaway at the Graves. I love the location right on First Avenue, just about perfect for downtown. The room was on the small side and the beds (there were three of us) were really small! They are more like two double beds, than two queens. They are extremely comfortable and the linens are great.
All the furnishings, as well as the bathroom are very nice.
Reserved the room on Hotwire and got an excellent price.
I would return to this hotel anytime.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It's always gratifying to hear from our happy guests. We appreciate your feedback and would love to welcome you back again any time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed for our first night out since having our first child. The hotel was perfect for our occasion. The location was great with unlimited access to the nightlife of Minneapolis.

• Stayed March 2012
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Glad we could help you celebrate! Thanks so much for the outstanding review. Please let us know what we can do to make your next stay even better. We'll see you again soon!

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I live just outside of St. Paul so I don't get the chance to stay in many hotels in the Metro area. But, there was a concert across the street at Target Center and rather than fight the crowds and parking ramps I just decided to stay downtown.

I have heard good things about the Graves over the years and it turns out that what I heard was correct.

I stayed in a corner room, 819 and it was impeccably clean. I give kudos to the housekeepers since with all of the light colors and glass in the room, it cannot be easy to keep it that spotless.

The room was good sized, although not huge. The bed was awesome. I slept like a rock and literally kept hitting my snooze for another hour until it was almost check out time and I HAD to get out of bed. I would love one for my house, but would worry that with a bed so comfortable I would never get anything done.

The decor is upscale and modern, which is right up my alley. All the staff that I ran into were nice and professional. Valet for $28 is a bit of a hit in the wallet, but for just an overnight stay, I didn't have an issue with it.

I would have liked a little better security though. The elevators to the guest rooms are right off of the bar that can get really busy with members of the general public. I was very surprised that both when I came back from the concert and later when I came back after enjoying some of the nightlife that you could hop right on an elevator and go up to the rooms without using your room key. I would like to have seen it set up that you needed to use your room key to access the guest floors.

If you get the chance to go to the Graves, I highly suggest you do.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We appreciate your feedback and would love to welcome you back again any time.

St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We took a "Staycation" to this fabulous hotel and couldn't have been happier! My husband and I were upgraded to a suite due to a busy weekend at the hotel and it didn't disappoint. It was clean and full of amenities. The hotel is in the perfect location for eating, shopping, and exploring downtown Minneapolis. We also took advantage of both Cosmos and Bradstreet Crafthouse. They were both wonderful restaurants with above-average service. A perfect hotel for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. It's always great to welcome locals for a special "staycation!" I'm glad you enjoyed the suite as well as exploring downtown Minneapolis. We would love to welcome you back again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed here for a romantic weekend. We forgot our toothpaste so called front desk from our 19th floor room and the told us we had to come down to the front desk and get it. So jumped in the shower to find that the drain was plugged. Called the front desk and the said they would send someone right up. They never came. After breakfast and no shower they said that we could use a room down the hall as there was no engineer on duty. We checked out and went home. They gave us a 20% discount on our room and said sorry for ruining our weekend getaway....never go on a weekend- they have no support staff to even bring toothpaste to your room.

• Stayed March 2012
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for bringing your concerns to our attention. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your experience when you recently visited. We are committed to giving each guest the most comfortable and relaxing experience and we apologize if we failed you in that respect. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back again; I know we can impress you more.

Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is the 4th time that I have stayed here, each time for a couple of nights on business. I have never had to wait for more than one person in front of me to check in and the whole check in process is excellent.

To get to the rooms you have to first ascend one elevator to the restaurant level and then walk to another area for the other elevators. This gets a bit tedious after a while. The rooms are standard rooms with very comfortable beds and excellent sound proofing. I was next to the elevators and didn't hear them at all.

The rooms have a good HD flat screen in the room and a smaller one in front of the WC! The mini-bar is well stocked and quite pricey. Internet access is easy but is additional ($20/day).

The bar on level 4 is great and serves excellent cocktails and has a good atmosphere to it for a hotel bar. We didn't eat in the restaurant.

There is a complimentary gym that is small but adequate (3 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 cross trainers, a few weights machines etc). I was told that there is a fantastic gym in the Target Center opposite that you can use for $15.

Room Tip: I would go high for a good view.