“Chic hotel in prime location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Minneapolis Hotel

You added Loews Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 1st Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Formerly Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand) (Warehouse District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Columbia, Missouri
“Chic hotel in prime location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I was in Minneapolis for a business trip. The company put me up at Graves 601. This hotel is modern and trendy. It sits across from the Target Center. Apparently there are no shortage of celebrities or professional athletes that stay at this hotel because of its location and hip stylings. There is an available penthouse in case it was necessary. The hotel has a bar on the 4th floor as well as a restaurant. I did not have the opportunity to eat there but my gang lounged at the bar which has an ample selection of spirits. The room I stayed in was a standard room. The decor was stylish. They room includes a mini bar, a large flat panel television, a chaise sofa, and a another television in the bathroom. The bathroom amenities are designer. The hotel does try to be environmentally considerate.

The hotel is in walking distance to multiple bars and restaurants and again across the street from the Target Center. I would stay here again but I would encourage the hotel to put coffee makers in the rooms. I am not sure if they are in some sort of dark collaboration with the attached Starbucks downstairs. I am sure the Starbuck loyalists will purchase there coffee if they wanted to, but I just don't like being forced to.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Patrick C, Owner at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the room and the location! We love being so close to attractions like the Target Center and lots of fun restaurants. Did you get a chance to try out any of the places in the area? I’ll definitely take your comment about the coffee maker under consideration. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Graves 601 Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I candidly admit I knew nothing about this hotel before I spent two nights here a few Januarys ago. But my job booked me a room here and, well, I've spent years hoping they'd send me back.

The Graves is very sleek and very modern (akin to a W, I'd say). There is a soft techno soundtrack playing in the lobby at all times which, when combined with the dim lighting, combined to give the space a nightclub-esque feel. There's a slick bar off the lobby that adds to that feel and proved a popular draw -- I saw a member of the New Jersey Nets (in town to play the Timberwolves) get, shall we say, quite cozy with a female fan there one night. No, I won't say which player.

The rooms were also gorgeous. Big windows to provide a stellar city view, a comfortable bed, a flat screen TV. The room was so well-designed I ended up staying in to watch a NFL playoff game. Oh, and there was a second flat screen TV...in the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom. The shower (which had, if I can recall, something like six water jets) was also spectacular.

The hotel is also well-located to explore Minneapolis. It's right in Block E, an enclosed high-end mall that boasts a movie theater, a bar, a nightclub and a few restaurants. Those establishments and much of downtown Minneapolis -- including the Target Center, where I did catch a T-Wolves game -- are all connected by the skyway, an indoor series of passageways. Those came in handy, since it was something like -37 degrees when I was there. Seriously, it hurt to be outside for more than a few minutes.

The cold temps did curtail my exploration of downtown, but we did see some of the restaurants, bars and music clubs that line First Avenue, etc. It's a vibrant, modern city. St. Paul feels older and more stately, but is also charming (the cities really aren't "twins" after all). My free time was limited, but I'd love to go back and see more -- and I'd certainly stay at the Graves.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely, detailed review. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. Thanks for your discretion about the Nets player—we wouldn’t want to start any tabloid scandals! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the location of the hotel. It can be pretty bitter in January; you should come back for a visit in the spring and summer! We’ve got plenty of fun things to do in Minneapolis. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

NYC / London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here for work last week for a week. Very nice first experience. It feels a bit like a night club when you walk in, very dim though I found friendly staff on the front desk, whenever I needed my car they had it for me in minutes and the room itself was great. I was on the 18th Exec floor, bed was fantastic, shower great - massive space and power shower thingy with about 8 heads. Wireless worked flawlessly bed was VERY comfy.

Location is great, very close to shops/my favorite British pub ;-) Couldn't complain about that.

Couple of things missing for me as silly as they are would be a coffee maker (there isn't one) though Starbucks in the lobby and the valet / wireless soon adds up if you're staying there a long time but i'm sure the Wyndham rewards might give you some kind of deal.

Overall very much liked!

Room Tip: Exec floor has nice views
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Patric C, General Manager at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review us. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your room and your stay with us overall! We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. We’re lucky to be in such a great location near so many fun places in downtown Minneapolis. You are correct that there are a lot of benefits to being a Wyndham rewards member; any participating hotel’s front desk staff would be happy to tell you more. We’d love to have you back again soon.

Graves 601 Management
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

It was modern, beautiful & convenient. The rooms are very spacious and spotless. Bathrooms: the showers have jets... Amazing.
Plus i left diamond earrings & the staff sent them back with a coworker.
Amazing place. Great staff.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review! It’s such a nice compliment to hear that you would visit again just to stay here. We’re lucky to be right in the middle of a lot of fun places in downtown Minneapolis. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Graves 601 Management
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We enjoyed our weekend at the Graves 601. The staff was very helpful in may ways: aiding with light rail; choosing restaurants; shopping; movie selection. They were spot on all weekend! The rooms are amazing, too. We had the corner room which overlooked the Target Center and city. Beautiful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write about us. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love hearing from our happy guests! I’m pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful and appreciated the beautiful view . We’d love to have you back again!

denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday night while in town for a birthday party. Very convenient location downtown. Easy valet, polite doormen, easy check-in, clean and modern decor. The bar and restaurant areas were virtually ghost towns the whole time we were there, but looked lovely. My main reason for giving this hotel a "very good" review is because of the bed. When I got home, the first thing I did was look up the website to see if I could buy the bedding and replicate the bed at home! Sooo comfortable. The shower was also amazing. A little confusing, but very nice. Multiple heads and a large tiled surround. The gym was good as well. I'd say a step above your standard hotel gym, and the lemon water was a nice touch. This wasn't a "WOW" hotel for me, but it was pretty and the bed was amazing.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I’m thrilled you enjoyed the bed so much! We definitely get a lot of compliments on the quality of our beds and linens. Did you get a chance to try either the bar or restaurant during your trip? You may have found that “wow” factor if you had! We would love to have you back again soon.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed here while on business; great hotel, very modern. I was given a room at the 20th Floor; huge room, clean and perfect bed, not so soft nor firm. Bathroom very roomy, had flat screen inside the bathroom. What an amazing shower, about 6 shower heads, great water pressure.
Location was great, right across the Target center, 1 to 2 blocks away from great restaurants and stores. Next door is a Japanese restaurant and steak house a must try.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the high floors, it overlooks the city.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Being away from home for work can be stressful, which is why we want to provide the most comfortable hotel experience possible. It’s great that you got to explore the downtown Minneapolis area. Did you know that we have both a restaurant and bar in the hotel? Both are highly acclaimed--Cosmos has delicious, innovative meals and Bradstreet Craftshouse is widely known for their classic, hand-crafted cocktails. We would love to have you back again--for business or for pleasure!

Graves 601 Team

Been to Loews Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!