“Very Authentic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gorkha Palace

Gorkha Palace
23 4th Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (Downtown)
612-886-3451
Neighborhood: Downtown
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Being an Indian with the advantage of mom's homestyle cooking, moving to Minneapolis I wanted to find somewhere that can curb that craving. My brother and I went to Gorkha Palace with low expectations. Most Indian/Nepali restaurants we have been to have not been up to par, with food being bland and nothing like authentic food. We were very wrong with this place! We started off with Aloo Achaar, and it was exactly like my mom's Nepali friend had made it - amazing! The chicken tikka masala was decent at best (I've had better), but the channa was amazing. It was like eating my mom's cooking right at the restaurant. We also ordered pakoras as an appetizer and were very pleased! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants some authentic Indian and Nepali food in their lives. The only downside is the waiters could possibly work on their pronounciation on the food items a little bit, they kind of butchered the names. But food was amazing!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Worth The Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We were told the wait would be 10-15 minutes. Approximately 50 minutes later we were seated. When we told the waitress we wanted to skip the appetizers, she told us the wait for our main course would be quite long. To our surprise, the dinners were delivered in about 10 minutes, and the food was excellent. This was one of the best Indian restaurants I have experienced. Next time we will go with another couple so we can make reservations.

Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Flavor Pop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Gorkha Palace is an awesome place to have delicious Indian and Nepali food!

Dishes that I particularly like:

Momos - Delicious
Saag/Paneer - Very unique style of making this dish and utterly different from other Indian restaurants in town. The flavors are nuanced and complex. Very pleasing, indeed.
Bhindi/Aloo (Okra and Potatoes) - Oh my! Oh my! Pair this with rice and dal and that's my definition of heaven. So darn good.
Samosas - Tres bien!
Curry dishes - Very good, too.
Are you vegetarian? You will especially enjoy this place.
Wines/Beers - Not brilliant, but decent.

Staff: They are gracious, kind and welcoming, but not cloyingly so. Love that! They even remember names.

Parking: They have some dedicated spots in the parking lot and there's plenty of pay-per street parking, too.

This place is invariably packed. Guess why? The food pops! It's excellent! Take that from an Indian. I have Nepali friends who like it, too.

Go. Eat. You'll be glad you did. http://www.gorkhapalace.com/

Bon Appetit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minnesota
“Very good Indian food and friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We enjoyed very good Indian food and friendly service at Gorkha Palace on a recent Saturday evening. Three of us chose different dishes and we each very pleased with our food. I had the Coconut chicken curry and loved it! We started with the assorted Momos. I liked the Yak the best. The location is easy to reach from downtown and there is parking available either in the adjacent lot or in metered spaces on the street. I will return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
trondheim, Norway
“Very good service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a chance to visit this restaurant during my visit to Minneapolis in August. Actually this place was recommended by one of the fellows from Africa whom i met during a conference. It is not very far from a downtown (we actually walked to the restaurant from 8th street S). They served very testy food. We tested Nepali dishes and they all smells like actual taste from Nepal. Great job fellows and keep it up.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere