“Flavor Pop!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gorkha Palace

Gorkha Palace
23 4th Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (Downtown)
612-886-3451
Neighborhood: Downtown
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Flavor Pop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Gorkha Palace is an awesome place to have delicious Indian and Nepali food!

Dishes that I particularly like:

Momos - Delicious
Saag/Paneer - Very unique style of making this dish and utterly different from other Indian restaurants in town. The flavors are nuanced and complex. Very pleasing, indeed.
Bhindi/Aloo (Okra and Potatoes) - Oh my! Oh my! Pair this with rice and dal and that's my definition of heaven. So darn good.
Samosas - Tres bien!
Curry dishes - Very good, too.
Are you vegetarian? You will especially enjoy this place.
Wines/Beers - Not brilliant, but decent.

Staff: They are gracious, kind and welcoming, but not cloyingly so. Love that! They even remember names.

Parking: They have some dedicated spots in the parking lot and there's plenty of pay-per street parking, too.

This place is invariably packed. Guess why? The food pops! It's excellent! Take that from an Indian. I have Nepali friends who like it, too.

Go. Eat. You'll be glad you did. http://www.gorkhapalace.com/

Bon Appetit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
Minnesota
“Very good Indian food and friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We enjoyed very good Indian food and friendly service at Gorkha Palace on a recent Saturday evening. Three of us chose different dishes and we each very pleased with our food. I had the Coconut chicken curry and loved it! We started with the assorted Momos. I liked the Yak the best. The location is easy to reach from downtown and there is parking available either in the adjacent lot or in metered spaces on the street. I will return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
trondheim, Norway
“Very good service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a chance to visit this restaurant during my visit to Minneapolis in August. Actually this place was recommended by one of the fellows from Africa whom i met during a conference. It is not very far from a downtown (we actually walked to the restaurant from 8th street S). They served very testy food. We tested Nepali dishes and they all smells like actual taste from Nepal. Great job fellows and keep it up.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Paul
“Delicious Dinner, Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had dinner here last week and I would have to rate this as the best ethnic restaurants I have been to lately.I think it is Nepali and Indian and Tibetan. We started with the Veggie and Yak Momos... they were perfect, as was the tomato sauce served with it. We also had the veggie pakora which was delicious. The garlic flat bread was perfect. For the entree, I had a traditional dish called Spicy chicken Newari, that was recommended by our perfect and cheerful waitress. She knows the menu and can describe everything very clearly. The dinner was perfect. Others had the Chicken Sekuwa which also had a wonderful flavor. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
PinchOnTheGo
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The best thing to say about this restaurant is that the service from the staff was top notch. Every server that passed was checking out our table to see if we needed water, plates cleared, etc. It was obvious that they were all pitching in and helping each other. Must have an owner or manager that places a priority on customer service. Kudos. The other thing I appreciated was that the take out container was environmentally friendly. The food was good but not to die for. The prices were too high for the amount of food you get.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere