“Best restaurant in Minneapolis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gorkha Palace

Gorkha Palace
23 4th Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (University / Dinkytown)
612-886-3451
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Best restaurant in Minneapolis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

As a foodie from New York, I have high standards for ethnic food. This restaurant has the most unbelievably awesome menu - traditional Nepali, Tibetan and Indian food, with spices you've never tasted before. Order the yak Momo, the chicken tikka masala and the spicy lamb Newari. You won't be sorry! Wait staff is so nice, too!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bellevue, Washington
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently moved away from Minnesota, and this is one of two restaurants that I will miss.

Gorkha has it all - excellent food, wonderful owners and servers, and great ambiance. It's the perfect place to catch a relaxing, quiet meal in a warm setting. I've tried the majority of their dishes, and all have been absolutely delicious.

The lunch buffet is always a great option too. I tried a lot of dishes that I never thought I would like but I ended up loving. Anyone who likes ethnic foods and a quieter setting will LOVE this place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“One of My Favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Gorkha Palace is simply a wonderful restaurant. The service and the food can't be beat. My husband and I go back there again and again for both the lunch buffet and for dinner. The lunch buffet is a great way to try a variety of the Napali and northern Indain foods. At dinner, when I am able to force myself to order something besides the fantastic coconut chicken and the palak paneer and am always delighted with the results. Considering the food, the service, the prices and the atmosphere Gorkha Palace has to be one of the beat restaurants in Minneapolis.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Paul, MN
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We have never had this cuisine before so were a bit hesitant. However it was great. The atmosphere is warm and inviting but nothing outstanding. Our server was very good and helpful with suggestions. I loved the food. It was very flavorful and fresh. I even tried yak. Tastes like beef. You can adjust you spice level and the descriptions are right on. We will definitely go back They even have a small parking lot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Onawa, Iowa
“Wow!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The variety was amazing. The flavors so unique. The restaurant is warm and inviting. We felt like we stepped into another world and sat at a table in the Nepalese mountains. Great find!

Visited January 2013