“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gorkha Palace

Gorkha Palace
23 4th Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (Downtown)
612-886-3451
Neighborhood: Downtown
Detroit, Michigan
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you love Indian food or any other type of authentic ethnic food then here is the place to go. The Paalak Paneer was unlike any other I've tried. The veggie pakoras were also very crispy and deliciuos. I am definitely eating here again when if I ever visit Minneapolis again. The service was also great!

• Visited November 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful North Indian and Napali food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

As I live in Minneapolis, this is a restaurant we visit frequently. I have never tired of the food and the service is wonderful. It is tucked away at the end of the block, so it may be a bit hard to find but worth the effort.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, IL
“Awesome food. Great Ambience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food was unique. We ordered the Chicken Sekuwa and the Spicy Newari with lamb. Both were awesome entrees - like I have never had before.

Visited August 2012
Duluth, MN
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I teetered between 4 and 5 stars for this review but as I thought more about Gorkha I realized it was a no brainer to give them 5 stars. Their food is absolutely fantastic and the ambiance fits very well with the food. We started out with the combination mo mo platter -- a must! Gorkha is famous for their mo mos, which they also steam and sell at the Mill City farmer's market. I believe that was the dish that allowed them to succesfully pursue a restaurant. Anyways -- the mo mos are a must. We really enjoyed the turkey ones, followed by the veggie ones, and the yak, of course. If you've never had yak, this is a great way to try it. For our entree we just split the chicken masala. Kind of a safe plate to order here, especially since they have so many different things, but it just sounded great. And it truly was great. I can honestly say this is the best masala I've ever had. The balance of tomato, cream, and spice was perfect. I really loved the masala. The chicken was also very, very tender - absolutely delicious. Did I mention that they source a lot of their food and meat locally? That is something I really appreciate, and you can tell the difference in the food. Everything is just a step above other similar restaurants. Service was fantastic as well! Our waitress was very sweet and accommodating. We were there on a Wed. night at about 7:40pm and it was pretty busy. I would definitely recommend a reservation on a Friday or Saturday. They also have a parking lot which is certainly a plus in NE!

• Visited August 2012
Middletown, Connecticut
“Fabulous food and good service at great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My daughter and I went to Gorkha for Sunday early dinner at 6pm a few days ago. We already know that their momo, nepalese (?) dumplings with vegetable or meat inside, are great. The place is already half full when we came.
We had vegetable pakkora for appetizer. It was great. Not oily, very light, and spicy. It came with two great sauces, mint and tomato. We then had combination momo and chicken tikka masala for entrees. They were both fabulous. The chicken comes with basmati rice. I haven't tasted enough Indian food to know if the rice is good, but it tastes fine. We had water for drink so I can't really judge on their drinks. I noticed though that they do have some wine choices. The service was attentive and efficient. And when we got the bill, I was surprised at how inexpensive the whole meal was. We were happy!

• Visited August 2012