“Great neighborhood restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 1,448 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love the character of the neighborhood - I don't live there, but drove a half hour to get to Tilia. Our server was very attentive and kept the wine flowing. The Butternut Squash Soup was amazing - the best tasting and most interesting preparation right at the table. You must try the Brussels Sprouts too. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited February 2013

Minneapolis, MN
“Crowded but yummy brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The place is small, so expect to be crowded and to wait. With that in mind the food is great--although typical of the type of establishment--not cheap. We actually were lucky enough to sit at the bar watching the kitchen. It's like renting a table in the kitchen! You watch it happen! Our 11 and 16 year olds loved it, too. Did take quite awhile for the food, so don't be in a hurry.

Visited February 2013
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm giving Tilia a strong 4 stars. My husband and I ate here during lunch on Valentine's day and were supremely satisfied. Tilia is a very small, but interesting place to dine. The food was very well prepared ( we had the cheeseburger, fish taco torta, and an order of fries). I highly reccomend the fish sandwich. Their beer menu consists of a slue of micro brews and the wine menu is adequate. The service of the hostess was very good, but the waitress didn't go above and beyond, which leads to my 4 star review. All and all we enjoyed our experience and will go back soon - maybe this weekend with our out of town guests.

• 4 of 5 stars
“Loved this restaurant until last 2 experiences”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love Tilia's menu and location/ambience. But I felt compelled to comment on the poor service that I received during my last two visits. Just yesterday, I had brunch there with 4 family members. And it was the second experience I had with poor service relative to simple things: waiting for too long to get sugar for my tea, not getting the hashbrowns we ordered, not being checked in on for refills, and then waiting 20 minutes for our check to be delivered to the table. I love trying new restaurants and always bring family and friends, but unfortunately I introduced this one to my friends at times when they walked away with a poor view of service. I had great experiences when it first opened. Sorry to see the decline.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Lucky this is in our neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We love this place. Consistently great food at good prices. Love watching Steve Brown tramping around in his beat up tshirts. Can get noisy though.